View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 13, 2013

tranquil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz99 View Post
Here is my review of the screening test books available in the market.

ILMI PUBLISHERS (Recommended) – ‘Good’ English section (would have been excellent if not for minor mistakes but still worth preparing from it), ‘Good’ General Abilities section (a little short for my liking especially the math section but it does contain answer explanation for the exercise questions), ‘Excellent’ General knowledge and Islamiat (contains the most updated current affairs and accurate info) – OVERALL – GOOD BOOK for screening test preparation.

JAHANGIR PUBLISHERS - ‘Average’ English section (many minor mistakes and no explanations for the answers), ‘Good’ General Abilities section (very comprehensive and good for those having trouble with maths), ‘Average’ General knowledge and Islamiat (Current affairs focuses on one month which seems to be taken from their monthly magazine. Many questions are repeated and have wrong answers) – OVERALL – AVERAGE BOOK for screening test preparation (would recommend only for those having trouble in mathematics).

CARAVAN PUBLISHERS – very big book and contains unnecessary material. Plus the price is two times more than the other books. OVERALL – POOR BOOK for screening test preparation.

DOGARS – Did not even look at this one because of bad past experiences with Dogar books. OVERALL – Not Rated and Not even Care
This is why I'm reluctant to purchase that of Jahangir Publishers. Who did recommend Ilmi's book and have you read it thoroughly? I'm keeping an open mind about it after reading your post.

Reply soon...