View Single Post
Old Monday, July 15, 2013

Jetpack2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammad shani View Post
karachi university is offering admission in MA english only to BA,BSc and B.Com pass students from now onwards.this is what they mentioned in their eligibility criteria in recently announced evening admissions.
They also mentioned in their eligibility criteria that those who have studied Functional English in their graduation are not allowed for MA.
What a discriminatory policy.
BCS,BBA,MCS,B.E. MBBS,B.Tech,Pharm D,etc are not allowed any more to study M.A englihs however proficient in English they are.
This is injustice.
Exactly. I completely agree with you brother. I am myself BBA graduate, I talked with the director of KU admissions, he said as per government rules, 4 year BBA is equivalent to a masters, hence you are not allowed to do a second masters in KU.

This policy is really absurd. I really wanted to do M.A English literature, from KU. As their M.A English is the most renowned , but all 4 year bachelor graduates are denied the right to admission.

As per international standards only a 4 year duration program is classified as an undergrad degree. 4 year program can not be considered equivalent to masters.

There needs to be reforms in our education system.