View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer Ahmed Shaikh View Post
@ Kal3m - Salam
I have history back ground academically want replaced political science with Arabic due to short of time. I seek your kind advice either opt Arabic or select some else. Secondly being a very new for Arabic how can I make the study plan and how may I get notes and books from to hit the 130+ score within 1.5 months as i am from Karachi. Kindly your advise is requested in detail.
My optional are
Indo Pak
Pol. Science (Replaced with Arabic)
Sindhi
Journalism (If opt Arabic otherwise clashes in subject group)
Brother ! Arabic is among one of the highest scoring subjects. As well as trend is concerned it has almost all the time remained scoring and is expected to remain the same. The reason behind this optimism is the syllabus and paper pattern of this subject.
If you have seen the apaper , the Paper II contains two questions of translation which can give more then 30/40 if prepared properly.
Then there are 40 mcqs. 40 mcqs ( collective of both papers ) keep on getting repeated . ( 30+ from these can be obtained with slight concentrated effort). If only past ten years paper's mcqs are solved , one can score round 30 + scores from the objective.
Then there are 30 marks short questions. 20 marks SQ in paper A and 10 marks SQ in paper B. They also can give maximum out of these if attempted correctly. For them preparing past papers SQ proves very very much helpful.
The rest of the paper consist of theoretical questions which is prepared from notes or books.
In this way , one can see that paper pattern is of such nature that if one can prepare this paper well , one has very bright prospects of getting good marks.

The time span you have mentioned is fairly sufficient for the praparation of this subject with ease.

Secondly , you have asked about notes or study material.
As well as the material for it's preparation is concerned , I relied on notes by Prof Hafiz Arshad Sahb , a popular name for Arabic in Lahore. Besides these notes , the reading of the book Taareekh e Adab e Arabi by Ahmad Hassan Zyat proves highly instrumental in the preparation of this subject.
Now some other books are also in market for Arabic. Earlier only those notes were consulted by all as there wasn't a single book in market till 2012.
Thirdly , you asked how to go for its preparation. I started the preparation from Translation Portion. And step by step proceeded ahead.

However , it is better to start from two ends. On one hand start preparing translation and on the other take a bird eye view reading of the whole reading material. From reading material I mean if you are using notes of Hafiz Arshad then those or otherwise whatever book you are consulting.

First just take a reading. As you finish reading , start preparing questions by question or topic by topic.
While doing this said reading on the sidelines satrt it's mcqs preparation and then its short questions. In this way everything would get prepared. At the end prepare the short essay.
This is how I went for the preparation of this subject in my previous attempt and scored 140.
afifa904 (Thursday, September 05, 2013), isha saeed (Tuesday, July 23, 2013), makj (Thursday, August 01, 2013), mmawaqar (Thursday, November 07, 2013), RabiaNisar (Tuesday, January 07, 2014), Sabaerum (Saturday, July 27, 2013), Tanveer Ahmed Shaikh (Tuesday, July 23, 2013), The James Blonde (Saturday, August 10, 2013), waheed99 (Tuesday, August 06, 2013), Zaid Lodhi (Sunday, September 15, 2013)