View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 23, 2013

new_horizons is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnanengr View Post
Yes I've applied in NUST and also PIEAS. While I have some hopes from NUST I have little from PIEAS as the test went poor. Anyway I'm only interested in these two universities but the stipend is not attractive. Even if selected its five long years in poor pay and then again I'll be a fresh PhD overage to apply for any trainee programs. Working in academia for the rest of my life doesn't attract me very much although I'm aware that competition is getting tougher. You have any ideas where fresh PhDs can be inducted in any industry?
Higher studies in engineering beyond B.E are advisable if and only if you want to serve in the teaching line. The industrial sector neither requires nor encourages Ph.D engineers, as they prefer to hire B.E engineers in lesser salaries rather than paying enormous sums to the Ph.D engineers. Moreover, what's needed in the industry for managerial positions is experience, and not higher qualification. The main scope of Ph.D engineering is in multitude of public and private sector engineering universities in Pakistan.