View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 23, 2013

adnanengr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizons View Post
Higher studies in engineering beyond B.E are advisable if and only if you want to serve in the teaching line. The industrial sector neither requires nor encourages Ph.D engineers, as they prefer to hire B.E engineers in lesser salaries rather than paying enormous sums to the Ph.D engineers. Moreover, what's needed in the industry for managerial positions is experience, and not higher qualification. The main scope of Ph.D engineering is in multitude of public and private sector engineering universities in Pakistan.
I'm of the same opinion but what I don't understand is why many of my batch fellows are/have pursuing/done ms in engineering. I don't think everyone intends to go in teaching. Either they are looking for professorship or they're not telling me something I don't know. Ironically they all advise me against ms. I've also got conflicting advice from some seniors who advise doing ms before entering the already saturated job market. Sadly I'm one of those who have no references inside the relevant industry so I've very few choice to choose from.
Personally I've no desire to go beyond ms.
Sent from my novo9-Spark using Tapatalk HD