View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 25, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

sadafnoorelahi will become famous soon enough

Adopting unchecked western life style

Every country on the world map is characterized by a culture.So is true for Pakistan,which has always been cherishing its distinct culture.However, in recent times, pakistani culture faces identity crises. This is due to the adoption of unchecked western life style.Excessive westernization has sweeped off the pakistani culture.
gandhi said
"i do not want my house to be walled on all sides or my windows to be stuffed.i want the culture of all the lands to be blown about my house freely. but i refuse to be blown off my feet by any"
The extended and nectar family system, hallmark of pakistani society, is slowly dying off especially in the elite class which are more exposed to the western culture.The younger generation does not care for their aging parents as a consequence, old age homes are being established.Even the meal preferances have changed from chapati and rice to KFC ,mcdonalds and subway.The number of practising muslims are decreasing.NOWADAYS, The number of people going to mosque are few as compared to those a decade ago.perhaps,it is some colonial chip we still carry on our shoulder that focuses us to consider every thing western as cool and hip.perhaps we are still in awe of the white man that we adopt every idiotic trend of west and fail to recognize our own virtue and western ills.our society is rapidly turning into a cell phone craze, ipod hugging,wild eyed bunch of people who are accepting every thing western with glee.every city is divided into a little clutches of westernized people. These people whizz around the highways in new cars,use latest technological innovations, wear creations of italian designers. No matter ,they cannot even pronounce their names properly.Hence, we are a race of people spanning a generation of grandeur,yet we are throwing that off to satisfy a cozy niche in our mind which asks us to produce "asian in blood but,english in taste"
A russian novelist ayn Rand said" every aspect of western culture needs a new code of ethics, rational ethics, as a precondition to rebirth"