View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Malik Ubaidullah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
Indeed, i second your opinion. BUT the real implication arises out of antecedents of their boycott. The PPP was no way in a position to win that election, the overwhelming majority of PML (N) in center and Punjab gave them many electoral votes and not to overlook the factor that Punjab Assembly has more members than any other provincial assembly, and clear majority of PML N in Punjab was an edge. PPP realized the writing on the wall and it considered the discretion as better art of valor, boycotted the elections.

Definitely they form a considerable representation of Sindh but if they boycott the election just because they can't win it, then this is really a bad precedent they are establishing. What they are doing is against the siprit of the Democracy.

Yes brother i think they must have waited for some time, at least it would not give excuse to other parties to boycott the election, but here SC is more expeditious then the Govt. BUT if they had waited, still PML N was going to win it..... No brother, if you term Mamnnon Hussain as controversial then you are not being neutral, for other parties he might be controversial, bbut he has been elected by our representatives by majority, which in turn have been elected by us. Calling him controversial might be just for other parties but we have given mandate to PML (N), have respect for that.
You are right brother that PPP was in now position to win the election but so was PTI, still it opted for contesting elections. I dont think the reason for boycotting was that it would'nt win. THe reason was to protest against the biased decision of SC and overlooking of all the constitutional hurdles involved in the matter. I believe PPP is quite justified in its decision.