View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 11, 2007
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Chapter 6 Verse 88 is the answer

AOA Forum members
Well thread is constantly going toward other direction. Anyways, i still have to reply few points of respected member as below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuuA
Well my approach is different to perceive things and this very fact goes fine with the relativity.
Sorry to say...but your approach has nothing to do with interpretation of Quran. If this is the case, then everyone would be having its own interpretation (and this is somewhat happening these days also). So while going through interpretation of Quran you have to stick to Usool-at-Tafseer, which is interpretation of Quran with Quran, then with Ahadiths, then with Sahaba, then with Tabaein & taba Tabein. Personal approach in deducting rules or other meanings are not allowed.

Whatever i've written is only and only from Quran and very clear. Go through any well known tafseer (ex. Tafseer Ibn Kaseer, Tafseer al-tabri etc.) and see the explanation of these ayahs. Let me know then, if this is wrong.

Quote:
Logic never exists in isolation and this is even truer for the interpretation of Qur’an. No body can gain anything if one bisects the cause from the effect. Cleavage of source and its repercussion and the methodology/ procedure undertaken is the worst way to study a case.
100% right. That is what i've mentioned above. You have to follow certain rules and those are already defined within Usool-at-tafseer. Find some time to go through the explanation of these ayahs i've referenced and then reply if those are wrongly put. Otherwise let me know, i can help you providing the tafseer of the same.

Quote:
There is a reason why Allah has given us the concept of life hereafter. Many human values like concepts of right and wrong, justice, honesty, veracity would be vanished in absolute mundane sense if the concept of life hereafter disappears. In our daily lives we see many people who get away with their crimes [sometimes till the very end of their lives]. They get immunity from the offence and transgressions they commit against weaker masses [weak in terms of social stratification]. Concept of human values in such cases becomes irrelevant in worldly affairs. Only the very idea of life hereafter provides solace to the aggrieved party. In case of injustice meted out to them, their faith makes them bear with all the losses they incurred due to the injustice in social order and economic disparities. At least it gives them a mental and psychological relief, if not the actual compensation in physical terms.
Agreed. No one has objection on this point. As a Muslim this is our belief.

Quote:
Now coming to the concept of the believers that they would get the eternal life in Heaven and that too is only for the believers and it is often refuted on the basis of text [in isolation] in Holy Scripture, there is one verse that says all

“Allah is never unjust in the least degree”
[Al-Qur’an 4:40]

Read it-- Don’t just read Qur’an. Think Qur’an with your mind. That is said in Qur’an million times. Apart from few cases, we, the ordinary Muslims, can interpret it easily.

Life in this world (source) is a test (procedure) for the hereafter (repercussion). Qur’an says:

“He who created Death and life that He may try which of you is best in deed; and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving”
[Al-Qur’an 67:2]

There is no logic in claiming that since we, the believers are not getting the right kind of treatment and are living shabbily in this world, we would ultimately be compensated hereafter. This is the most simplistic vision that one can have and think to justify ones condition. Again we neglect the holistic version of events and their offshoots. Why are we bound to lead such a life? The answer would include thousands of our evils that we commit everyday. But since we are habitual of conspiracy theories we would certainly shift the blame to someone else’s shoulders. And since we are not getting the kind of life we want, owing to our own “deeds”, we daydream to have canals of milk and honey in heaven, just to satisfy that we are the ones who are on the “right” path and would get the reward hereafter. And since non- believers have maintained a life style and since they are the non believers they won’t be entitled for any privilege after this world.
I request you to read my earlier posts carefully, i've been repeadetly quoting the following verse from Quran which says (interpretation of meaning);

"Then as for him whose measure of good deeds is heavy, He shall live a pleasant life. And as for him whose measure of good deeds is light, His abode shall be the abyss. And what will make you know what it is? A burning fire."
(Chapter 101: Verse 6~11)

I never said that Muslims will not be investigated. Refer any post of mine stating the same.

Quote:
Though I’m no one to judge but I presuppose that a motherly figure like Mother Teresa would never be put to the torch for all her philanthropic services as she dedicated her forty years of her life to the poor and needy in Calcutta [Blessed Teresa of Calcutta], even though she had a different religion.
Let me correct your views regarding the above statement. I would like to share the following extract from Article by Dr. Norlain Dindang Mababaya.

Non-Muslims may perform good works as well, but what sets them apart from Muslims is No iman, or belief. The reason that the good works of the non-believers are worthless in the hereafter is because of their disbelief. Unless a person's iman or aqeedah is not correct, all his good deeds are worthless.

A.) Conditions by Which Good Deeds are Rewarded in Islâm

(Extract from Article by Dr. Norlain Dindang Mababaya)

Allâh bestows love on those who believe and work deeds of righteousness

(Qur’an 19:96)

He is the Rabb (Only Cherisher and Sustainer) of Grace, Abounding
(Qur’an 57:29)

He listens to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness and gives them an increase of His Bounty

(42:26)

He grants the need of every creature

(55:29)

His bounties are not closed to any one

(17:20)

This is the reason why non-Muslims who desire and work for material prosperity, fame and other worldly needs in this world attain success in this temporary life. They receive Allâh’s reward for any righteous deed or virtuous act done in this world. If they desire happiness in this present world and work for it, Allâh grants them their needs.

However, their rewards will only be temporary because they do not meet the following conditions by which good deeds are rewarded both in this present life and in the eternal life Hereafter:

First is the belief in Tawhîd (Oneness of Allâh)
Allâh saysinterpretation of meanings)
“...But if they had joined in worship others with Allâh, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them.”

(6:88)

“Say (O Muhammad): “I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your God is One God: whoever expects to meet His Rabb, let him work righteousness, and in the worship of his Rabb, admit no one as partner.”

(18:110)

And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammadr), as it was to those (Allâh’s Messengers) before you: "If you join others in worship with Allâh, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers.”

(39:65)

Second is Ikhlâs (Sincerity) to Allâh which means to do good deeds purely for the pleasure of Allâh and not out of self-conceit to seek appreciation or praise from people.

“Say, ‘Verily, I am commanded to serve Allâh with sincere devotion.’”
(39:14)

“Call then upon Allâh with sincere devotion to Him even though the Unbelievers may detest it.”

(40:14)

All good deeds must be in accordance with the Qur’ân and the Sunnah. Allâh makes it clear:
“O you who believe! Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) and render not vain your deeds.”

(47:33)

The third condition implies that we Muslims should refrain from committing Bid‘ah (innovation or fabrication in religion).
We should know that Islâm is a perfect religion. It is not only complete, but applies to all generations at all times, under any circumstances. The Prophet r serves as the best example for all of us. He not only stresses the importance of knowing and holding on to the Qur’ân and Sunnah, but also warns us to avoid Bid‘ah (innovation or fabrication) in our religion.

Jâbir ibn ‘Abdullâh t narrated that Allâh’s Messenger r said, “The best speech is that embodied in the Book of Allâh, and the best guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. The most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is an error.”

(Muslim 1885)

The three conditions by which good deeds are rewarded in Islâm imply that only those who sincerely accept and practice Islâm will have their rewards with Allâh in the Hereafter. Allâh stresses:

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islâm (submission to Allâh), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).”

(3:85)

All of us should avoid committing hypocrisy. We should be careful to commit any of the following characteristics of a hypocrite:

For the guidance of the non-Muslims, they should open their hearts to Islâm so that whatever good deeds they do will not be in vain or futile. Allâh is ever just to all those who believe and follow Him:

Anas ibn Mâlik t narrated that Allâh’s Messenger (saw) said: “Verily, Allâh does not treat a believer unjustly in regard to his virtues. He would confer upon him (His blessings) in this world and would give him reward in the Hereafter. And as regards a non-believer, he would be made to taste the reward (of virtue in this world) what he has done for himself so much when it would be the Hereafter, he would find no virtue for which he should be rewarded.”
(Muslim 6739)
Leonidas (Sunday, August 12, 2007)