View Single Post
Old Friday, August 16, 2013

zara shoukat is on a distinguished road
Default UNm guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehanQayyum View Post
I just got mail from Faryal Nosheen (HEC) in which the process for UNM shortlisted candidates is mentioned.

Dear Candidate,

We are pleased to inform that you have been shortlisted for the interview under the HEC project titled “Overseas Scholarship for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD in Selected Fields Phase-II” Batch-5 (University of New Mexico, USA), subject to the following conditions:

1. You will have to secure admission in the UNM for spring 2014 session. Only those candidates will be interviewed who will have a valid “Admission Letter” for spring 2014 session. For further information regarding admission letter, guideline is attached here with.

2. You will need to apply for admission at the Office of International Admissions: http://geo.unm.edu/admission_graduate.html. A direct link to the application is: https://www8.unm.edu/pls/banp/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon.

3. The deadline to apply for spring session is October 1, 2013 but deadline in each department may vary. Admission criteria and supplement application materials for each department may be found on the departmental website

4. You must submit admission application along with photocopies of all educational documents dully attested by HEC and IBCC and IELTS/TOFEL score to the International Admission office

5. Applicants also need to submit following documents to the relevant department’s (alongside admission application to the International Admission Office) i.e. International GRE score (if department require), CV, letter of intent, Research proposal and Recommendations letters

6. You are advised to show interest in ‘Amigo International Scholarship’ and ‘Assistantship’ in the admission application to the Office of International Admissions and departments. Only those candidates will be offered HEC scholarship who will secure ‘Amigo International Scholarship’.

You may send inquiries to the University of New Mexico Office of International Admissions email address: goglobal@unm.edu

It is further informed that the interview schedule is still to be finalized; the final interview schedule will be communicated to you once confirmed.

Important Note:

· This scholarship opportunity is valid for spring 2014 session. All such applicants who could not secure admission in spring 2014 session their provisional shortlisting for interviews will be automatically cancelled without any further notification.

· All such applicants who do not find their program in spring 2014 session, are directed to inform us at email address fnosheen@hec.gov.pk so their offer may be extended for fall 2014 session with consent of UNM. Candidates must provide this information by maximum Sep 30, 2013

· It is pertinent to mention here that all future correspondences will be made through e-mail; therefore, you are strongly advised to check your e-mails (inbox & junk folder etc.) on regular basis. Please inform the PMU if you have changed your e-mail ID.

To confirm your result again and for future updates, please visit the following link frequently: www.hec.gov.pk/ossphase2

We wish you good luck for your future accomplishments.

Regards

Faryal Nosheen

Project Manager

Overseas Scholarship Program Phase-II

H-9, Islamabad

Ph#: 051-90808102
Email: fnosheen@hec.gov.pk
i have got the same mail, i guess no one from us can get admission in spring semester! i'll be sending email to her which i had received from UNM that they are not offering admissions in spring semester! one thing which is confusing that do we have to apply before October 2013? because we have to submit 2 applications , one is to the uni and other is to our concerned department , we should apply before October 2013 for uni admissions and and for our department admissions we will be applying in fall 2014? this is extremely confusing1