View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 18, 2013

jackhero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasinvd View Post
Dear Mr Naveed,

Thanks for your concerns, HEC is not first time sending scholars to overseas, around 8000 have been sent to around 25 countries, so we know our process very well, you will get your two month stipend and air ticket before your departure. Secondly those who are going to KOC, they have benefit of no accommodation and food charges, so you hardly need any money just for some personal requirements.

Regards,

Wasim Hashmi Syed
In Charge HRD Division
Project Director
Foreign Faculty Hiring Program
Faculty Development Program
UESTP HRDI Scholarships
Higher Education Commission
H-9 Islamabad Pakistan
T: 92-51-90408021 F: 90408023
Web: www.hec.gov.Pk
Actions
Naveed Ahmad Abbasi 8/17/2013
To: wsyed@hec.gov.pk

Dear Sir,

I hope you are doing fine. I have been selected for HEC-UESTP scholarship to proceed to Koc University, Turkey and have submitted all the requisite documents to HEC as well. I have been waiting for the air ticket and advance stipend as told by HEC, but have not received any information yet.

I have been to foreign countries for study before and I know it as a fact that in the first couple of months one spends a lot on settling up as well as basic expenses. Also, from the documents sent by Koc University, it is clear that we would have certain upfront expenses and our bank accounts would be opened earliest by the start or mid of our second month in Turkey meaning we would not be able to receive any stipend during that period. This means that we would be requiring the start up advance stipends before we leave so that we can mange our expenses.

The air ticket is a similar story as we don't know when we will be leaving. That is important because one has to complete all the responsibilities at ones home, buy some bare essentials for the stay and meet up ones relatives to say goodbye. Also, one gets important details such as baggage allowed to manage their baggage accordingly. HEC can very well tell us to wind up and leave at a week's notice but that would be difficult to manage for us.

In light of all these things, I request you to share information about advance stipend and ticket booking at the earliest. I hope for a quick response from you.

Kind Regards,

Naveed Ahmed Abbasi

Dear all...

I send the message below to Mr Wasim Hashmi and got the reply above, which was kind of rough. I suppose this clears our questions but I wouldnt want anyone else to receive the same reply so I now tell you all to wait it out for the scholarship advance ...
Hec reply is rough indeed...by the way your english is very good and you composed the message pretty well though

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to jackhero For This Useful Post:
abasinvd (Thursday, August 22, 2013)