Thread: LLM or LLB
View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 22, 2013

zeecheema is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
As Rover_Commando said, the focus of LL. B Shariah should be on Islamic law only. It might also be comparative but I'm not sure about this. You will have to check with the institute you're applying at. As regards general LL. B, it covers Islamic laws as well as English/Pakistani laws.

I have a B. A. LL. B so that's five years of study. Got 80% in LL. B. Then I graduated with a LL. M degree from London with 70% marks. Do you reckon I have a fair chance of getting a COAS? Secondly, can we switch to becoming a solicitor after clearing the GDL? It's the same course, isn't it? Would you still need an IELTS for that? I just think it's highly ridiculous of them to ask us to redo IELTS after one has graduated with a LL. M degree from their country.
1)Dear if someone want to get admission in GDL they offer admission on the basis of two COAS. one from SRA and Other from BSB. if you want to be a solicitor you need to get COAS from SRS(solicitors regularity authority) and in case of Barrister, from BSB(bar standard board).
2)For GDL you can ask for exemption on the basis of your LLM(normally they grant) but not is case of LPC or BVTC. you need to get 7.5.
3) COAS from SRA not a big deal just process application on the basis on your academic certificates. they ll grant you
4) big problem is COAS from BSB. in that case there are many complications.
you can get desired information from following links
www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/‎
www.sra.org.uk/‎

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelghost View Post
Dear all, Asslaam Alikum.

I need help if some brother on forum could confirm me... I have done my bachelors and now interested in becoming Lawyer. If I adopt the route LLM instead of LLB, would I able to practice and/or apply for Lawyer license in Pakistan?

Thanks.
to be a lawyer firstly you need to do LLB then LLM(stands for masters of law). licence, practice etc after LLB.

Last edited by Amna; Friday, August 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts