View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 04, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by seher bano View Post
Thank you so much for your valuable analysis, but one thing always bothers me that how to generalize things?? I have been told we need to put more and more examples to prove the idea. It is hard to give example without political, religious etc touch. Let me know the solution??
Seher! Sister I have two points to quote against this particular question:

- Why generalize? You are intending to write this expansion keeping in mind that there will be some sort of audience. That person who will be checking your expansion needs to understand what you want to say. So generalization is important because through this tool you can target the masses/majority/general people!

-Secondly, an example is to aid in your point of view. It is supposed to be augmenting what ever you have tried to prove or stated. First try to state what you want to say. After that give examples. Else what you could do is give examples and then elaborate on your point. But in both the cases they should support some form of argument that was presented on your part.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Adeel Afzal (Thursday, July 24, 2014), seher bano (Wednesday, September 04, 2013)