View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Muzzamil will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedrizwan View Post
Assalam o aliekum
I want to know how can I improve my English to bring it up the css level. I don't have A-levels background and will be completing B.E degree this year. I have been reading dawn for quite some time.
Also help me in developing analytical characteristics.
The worthy members of this prestigious forum gave their valuable recommendations on the subject matter. I endorse them. In addition, I would like to give my suggestions here.

For proficiency in English language, you will have to:

• Improve your grammar
• Improve your vocabulary
• Improve your expression

a. For improving grammar you should consult good book(s) on English grammar. Brush Up Your English By ST Imam (Indian Author), High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin or any other good book on English Grammar will be helpful.

b. For improving vocabulary, you should read English newspaper (like Dawn, The Nation, The News etc) daily. The thing that you have to do is to write new words along with their meanings and sentences/textual examples on your diary. You should revise these new words after some time interval and try to use these words in your writings.

c. For improving your expression, you should use idioms, impressive phrases and new words (learnt from newspapers) in your writings. Try to enhance your argumentative and analytical skills by reading editorials and articles. Practice is the most important strategy to improve your expression. Practice, practice and practice…..!

Regards,
Aftabahmmed (Saturday, October 05, 2013), AliRehman5 (Sunday, September 08, 2013), Malik Iqbal (Wednesday, September 11, 2013), parwarsha (Sunday, September 15, 2013), Perhar (Saturday, October 05, 2013), sunny volcano (Saturday, April 26, 2014), syedrizwan (Wednesday, September 04, 2013), usaph (Tuesday, September 10, 2013), uzmauzi (Sunday, September 08, 2013)