View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 08, 2013

Sc0rpioN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim gul View Post
Make a precis of the following passage :

It is often said that literature is an index, indeed the principal index, of the soul of an age, and that to understand the spirit of any historical period, we should look first of all to the books that were being read by the people of the time. It is, however much too easy to suppose that the books we today value and associate with a particular period were valued in an equal degree by the writer`s contemporaries. In point of face, literary repute of the kind which ultimately establishes a work as a classic is very often of slow growth. John keat`s poem remained almost unknown to his own generation. It was only among the second generation after his dealth that his genius became widely recognized. It is important to remember that a great part of the reading done in any age is of the better books of a rather older generation.

LITERATURE IS AN INDEX IN EVERY PERIOD
It is thought that literature sustain its value in every period. We could experience that the literature people use in their time is according to their perception. Sometime some books which have no will in time become popular in later generation.
It is point to be noted that doing batter is remain batter in every period

Good Work I appreciate your work,,,, Furthermore, TITLE is not much attractive as it should be according to my conception..

& in the last line it shouldn't be "Point to be Noted" .... IN papers try to avoid these sentences you are attempting CSS papers & you should not instruct them what to do or what should be emphasized ..
muslim gul (Sunday, September 08, 2013)