View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 08, 2013

agilicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAY View Post
yes you are right there should be 1/3 of the original passage...... and 5 to 10 words can be increased or decreased........
Please check my precis and tell me mistakes............
Quote:
Originally Posted by sana mahjabeen View Post
ok but where is your precis??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara 26 View Post
please someone chk my precise....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariashamshad View Post
Make a precise of the following passage in about one third of its length and suggest a suitable heading. CE-1995

When you see a cockroach or a bed-hug your first reaction is one of disgust and that is immediately, followed by a desire to exterminate the offensive creature. Later, in the garden, you see a butterfly or a dragonfly, and you are filled with admiration at its beauty and grace.

Man’s feelings towards insects are ambivalent. He realizes that some of them for example, - flies and cockroaches arc threats to health. Mosquitoes and tsetse flies have in the past sapped the vitality of entire tribes or nations. Other insects are destructive and cause enormous losses. Such arc locusts, which can wipe out whole areas of crops in minutes; and termites, whose often insidious ravages, unless checked at an early stage, can end in the destructing of entire rows –of houses.

Yet men’s ways of living may undergo radical changes if certain species of insects were to become extinct. Bees, for example, pollinate the flowers of many plants which are food sources. In the past, honey was the only sweetening agent known to man in some remote parts of the world. Ants, although they bite and contaminate man’s food are useful scavengers which consume waste material that would otherwise pollute the environment.

Entomologists who have studied insect fossils believe them to have inhabited the earth for nearly 400 million years. Insects live in large numbers almost everywhere in the world, from the hottest deserts and the deepest caves to the peaks of-high mountains and even the snows of the
polar caps.

Some insect communities are complex in organizations, prompting men to believe that they possess an ordered intelligence. But such organized behaviour is clearly not due to - developed brains. If we have to compare them to humans, bee and ant groups behave like extreme totalitarian societies. Each bee or ant seems to have a determined role to play
instinctively and does so without deviation.

The word “instinct” is often applied to insect behaviour. But some insect behaviour appears so clear that one tends to think that some sort of intelligence is at work. For example, the worker bee, upon relating to the hive after having found a new source of nectar, communicates his discovery by a kind of dance which tells other bees the direction and distance away of the nectar.
Word=381

Preci:
Man has negative and positive feelings for different insects. The fluctuation in men,s feeling towards insects is owing to the nature and type of insects. as some of them are harmful with bad effects and some of them are good for their beauty.however the insects are 400 million years old.and found everywhere on earth .they live like in a totalitarian society, playing their specified role.though this behaviour is not because of their intelligence but of their naturally instinct ,except some of them who possesses intelligence like bees. and a dancing of a bee to tell the other bees about a new target is the example of their intelligence.
Preci words: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik Nadeem 06 View Post
(A university is not also,a childbed )I think it should be written like this A university is neither a childbed of poets,scholars,leaders or conquerors nor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuaseenm View Post
Hey , by the way , I haven't been practicing much English off late , I guess your précis are too short or atleast I feel that . Though, I think the topic envy one is covered alright . You guys still preparing , passed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajana View Post
The most unfortunate characteristic of ordinary human nature is envy. The envious person feels himself unlucky. Instead of being happy for what he has, he remains upset for what other have. It is a fatal disease, if it is not cured, it can destroy the personal qualities and excellent traits in a person. Appreciation is considered as the best way to remove the feeling of enviousness about others. To realize the major cause of envy is the first step to cure this feeling.

>>This is my first attempt>> Kindly Update me to improve my skills.>>Thanks<<
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamattique View Post
title:University Education and Society

University education yields better society and world by training its members.Since heroic works of genius do not fall in one category its training is not limited to a specific field. University education does not promise genius but their works and scope are taught there. Real aim of university education is to make society intellectual,cultivate and purify minds and define common interests and objectives. Education urges man to develop and express his own opinion. It enables him to determine right and wrong. It also enables him to hold a post with dignity and to further master a subject.

98 words.

ALL OF THE ASPIRANTS FOR 2014' ATTEMPT ARE WELCOME TO JOIN OUR GROUP (we'll be starting from monday, 9th of september, 2013)
Interested people may add me up on skype mentioning there desire to join, (my skype id is available on my profile) also i am pasting the link below for our group.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...-skype-17.html