Thread: Is it must?
View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 26, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

You are right Daniyal, I acquiesce with your stance.

This trend is not only in CSS but everywhere, I had opted Political Science, Philosophy and Business Administration in my PMS exam and I faced the music, despite showing good performance in my own subjects, I could not compete with those who had opted Punjabi, Mass comm and Social Work. My subjects Political science, Philosophy and Business Admin gave marks 132, 130 and 120 max respectively while Punjabi gave 150 marks at average and people scored even 166.

70% of people who got allocated had Mass comm, Social Work and Punjabi as their optionals while almost all of them had one or the other of these subjects which most of the time turns out to be Punjabi. So those non allocated people committed the sin of not opting Punjabi.

Similarly people with Psychology in 2011 and 2012 got 140 easily and with little hard work they crossed 150, so the crime or blunder made by those who could not secure allocation was that they had not opted Psychology.

If they have to bless the certain subjects, then why have other subjects at all? Now someone would come up with a logic that who asked me not to opt Punjabi or Psychology! My answer is that the point is not that I missed the allocation owing to the fact above cited, the point is that what is the need for having other subjects if all are given the initiative to opt few?

We do need an overhaul of CSS exam, if we have to leave a competitive exam, aimed at choosing bureaucrats, on the matters of luck then why make the people do such hard work, just throw a dice and decide who gets which group.