View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reeba Khan is on a distinguished road

Ok, First of all I did not like the phrase that " Public opinion like mine, are slowing the progress of democracy in Pakistan".
So, lets settle the grounds for this discussion. We all have opinions on this issue and they are in favor of our beloved country Pakistan. We want it to progress. Second, we can debate but not "blame" any particular group of thought.
I agree with you that both the systems have more or less failed so far and they take time to be fruitful. But in this time of crisis we need a vigilant leader. Do you think that if we walk on the same road of corruption and mismanagement then through democratic evolutionary process,we would land somewhere among the developed countries?
No, we need someone to put an end to it and at least the democracy that we have in Pakistan,it cannot be done. Our democratic politicians have to ensure that their upcoming generations get place in the future politics of this country.
Rightly said, judiciary does not prosper under dictatorship! and I'm also listening to myself. My point was to ensure our rights as human being first and then talk about freedom of speech. Our democratic government has recently told the supreme court that it will not reopen the past corruption cases against president. who gets what then?
Democracy evolves but it cannot be evolved if we keep on repeating the same mistake.
And yes, "my"average Tom ,Dick and Harry can distinguish among corrupt and honest one but unfortunately not "our" can.