Thread: Grammar Police
View Single Post
Old Monday, September 30, 2013
46th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Merit 218

sheikh87 is on a distinguished road
Default Grammar Police

I have noticed many junior and average members posting a random write up in order to get it checked by senior members for valuable criticism. I, myself, posted an article of mine, in order to know my deficiencies, of sentence structure, grammar, vocabulary, and expression, with the help of senior members. Its more than two weeks now but i haven't received any comment/criticism/appreciation yet.

I have also noticed some very basic grammatical mistakes which some members make while commenting on this forum. Others avoid pin pointing their errors, maybe, because they fear offense. This would be an open thread to address mistakes for the purpose of correction and collective benefit.

I am opening this thread, for myself and other members, to write a paragraph, statement, comment, on any of the following topic. Other members can point out mistakes of grammar, vocabulary, expressions, sentence structure and punctuations and NOT ON FACTS AND FIGURES. I repeat again, the focus should be entirely on written English, rather than on facts and material.

1. United Nations, its Limitations in 21st century and Future
2. Women in Islam, Pakistan
3. Coping with Terrorism on the table
4. Never Never Never Give up
5. Role of Media in Pakistan and its Limitations
6. Peace Talks with Taliban
7. Problems of Education in Pakistan and its solution
8. PM speech in UNO General Assembly and meeting with Indian counter part.
9. Pakistan, Defense Budget vs Education Budget - Criticize
10."Cream Always comes to the top"

I will soon write a paragraph/article for evaluation. You are also requested to contribute and post your material.
Leo Bird (Monday, October 07, 2013), sajida11 (Monday, October 07, 2013)