View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Quotations For Journalism Paper..

Some Quotes on Journalism

1-The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

2-People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.
A. J. Liebling (1904 - 1963)

3-To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worthwhile. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter.
Aleister Crowley (1875 - 1947)

4-A newspaper consists of just the same number of words, whether there be any news in it or not.
Henry Fielding (1707 - 1754)

5-Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock.
Ben Hecht (1893 - 1964)

6-Editor: a person employed by a newspaper, whose business it is to separate the wheat from the chaff, and to see that the chaff is printed.
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

7-Journalism largely consists of saying 'Lord Jones is Dead' to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

8-Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half.
Gore Vidal

9-It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.
Jerry Seinfeld (1954 - )

10-Rage is the only quality which has kept me, or anybody I have ever studied, writing columns for newspapers.
Jimmy Breslin

11-You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day, where you don't know what was in the newspapers that morning... a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be.
Joseph Campbell (1904 - 1987)

12-Once a newspaper touches a story, the facts are lost forever, even to the protagonists.
Norman Mailer

13-But what is the difference between literature and journalism?
...Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Critic as Artist, 1891

14-Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.
Russel Lynes

15-Newspapermen learn to call a murderer 'an alleged murderer' and the King of England 'the alleged King of England' to avoid libel suits.
Stephen Leacock (1869 - 1944)

16-I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.
Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

17-I read no newspaper now but Ritchie's, and in that chiefly the advertisements, for they contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), Letter to Nathaniel Macon, January 12, 1819

18-Literature is the art of writing something that will be read twice; journalism what will be read once. Cyril Connolly (1903 - 1974)

19-Advertisements... contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), Letter to Nathaniel Macon, January 12, 1819

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.

Last edited by prieti; Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 02:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prieti For This Useful Post:
arshadali_84 (Tuesday, June 23, 2009), pisceankhan (Wednesday, August 13, 2014)