View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ganja is on a distinguished road

we have effectively made this thread's discussion off the topic ..heh.. let our nonsense prevail

"...which is why they have to be compensated for in the way I highlighted earlier.."

please clarify

"And what exactly would you, sir, suggest prospective public servants keep in mind to do well to achieve a place on the merit? I am sure your prescription wouldn't only suggest filling your scripts with nonsense ?"

to be honest I have not been involved too much with the CSS prep...so I can't say what they should do exactly without having myself read the examiner reports for each paper...and the Pakistani texts are so poor in quality and so outdated that I would rather not comment on them to keep the discussion civil and I would prefer not to have anything to do with teaching such stuff it would be too demotivating for myself... whatever I said in earlier posts about answering was obviously based on hearsay .. plus I hate teaching.. a LOT.. general advice is all I have patience for ...so I am not the best person for exact exam advice at the pathetic standard it is being tested at .. however, that being said students really need to do self-study at all levels and forget spoon feeding.. school culture: the matriculate system as well as the O-levels and A-levels are churning out spoon fed and immature students... even BBA students want teachers to hold their hands.. grow up people!

and as for the report.. there is not enough relevant detail ... do you see what i mean by nonsense?...where is the Question by Question analysis or Examiner's remarks for each Question?... do they give students any detailed remarks for each question and the same goes for MCQs? I hope they do, if not then it should have been in the report?... btw examiner's detailed comments are not act of spoon feeding but making students realize 'this is what you are doing wrong.. now fix it'

It is because of the reports like the one you showed, that I have long forsaken any sense of belief in govt reports for it is these same govt officers who burn down the record rooms in the Sindh Secretariat to prevent their frauds from being caught

as for the answering papers in economics... in Paper 1 you cannot write nonsense since it is theory (which is sadly tested at the most rudimentary level) but the Paper 2 is just info, info and more info something like current affairs... plus writing non-sense carefully and writing nonsense that is just off the topic are 2 different things... writing non-sense carefully involves making sure you write a good story .. for eco since the CSS exam is post BBA.. the Eco texts should include Pyndick or Hal Varian for Micro and for Macro either Mankiw or Blanchard