View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Good discussion started by Khanum.

I would like to add that i have served under many CSPs and found most of them corrupt and infact most of the super-corrupt in Pakistan are CSPs. I dont know what happened, the day they get posting, they start walking on the trail of their seniors who trained them how to amass wealth. Their method of corruption are so sophisticated that no NAB no court can detect them. Usually everyone of them has a political figure on their back who helps them getting good posting and help them when they are in trouble due to their corruption. It is mostly true about DMG/POLICE/Inland revenue officers. Even the most honest CSP use gov. vehicles for personal/family use and put some of the office staff at his/her home to serve the family.

In fact, the problem lies in our culture, that encourage such behavior and CSPs have social pressure to do all these wrong things. If they resist, they feel lonely and unfit in the corrupt environment. I think the most successful among them are the ones who devised a middle way to survive and are considered "Good Officers" by the seniors. It means they try their best to avoid corruption but also want to continue their job.
incounternable (Tuesday, October 22, 2013), VetDoctor (Tuesday, October 22, 2013)