View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 09, 2007
38th CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 531

secondopinion02 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down What should be the punishment for Plagiarist and IPC theft in Islam?

PLAGIARISM AND THEFT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS

Plagiarism and IPC (Intellectual Property Rights) theft has become a norm in our Islamic as well as third world countries.

Recently, HEC (Higher Education Commission) has stopped funding 2.83 billions annual budget of Punjab University because it took leniency over some of its "Pliagiarist Professors". However, the University is adamant not to punish those guilty of pliagrism.

Moreover, you can have a pirated CD in Rs. 20 of a software actual worth in thousands of rupees; get a cheap copied book of a foreign writer of actual worth in thousands. The owners of actual CD softwares and publishers cannot prosecute anyone in Pakistan or any other third world country because of no application rule of law; but in fact they believe that those who are using their Softwares and Reprinted books are "Thieves". But we Muslims are using it happily and enthusiastically.

Once a case of a wealthy woman brought before our Holy Prohpet (PBUH) for stealing something. Some influential tried to inflect the punishment for the woman through "sifarish" and other "means" that "she is a wealthy and reputed woman, how come she steal" But our Prophet (PBUH) always kept in his view the truth; the woman found guilty of stealing. While announcing the punishment, the Prohphet (PBUH) said:

"If my daughter Fatima (AS) did the same thing, by God, I would have cut her hands"

Moreover, he said that previous nations had been destroyed because when a common man did a crime they punished him, while influentials and wealthy were relieved of such punishments.

There is no person above the law, even it is insignificant in its nature. Because of this ignorance, we see that even highly educated people are using such malpractices like pliagiarising. If one thing is ignored by the society then definitely it becomes a norm or part of that society. We must change this attitudes of ours.

At one side, we Muslims are very strict in condeming foreign culture and values regarding what Islam says about "Interests"; "Listening Music"; "Co-Education"; but on the other side we are freely "Stealing" the hard work of others; and to the grave extent our so-called intellectuals are using others Research work happily under the own name.

Isn't this a hypocrisy that we Muslims are doing? Whenever an issue arises regarding any foreign country's immoral activity; we discuss them passionately. But when it comes to our side, we keep ourselves mum.

It is a dilemma of our society, whenever one is unable to clear the matric exam, that person get into religious education. What most of such institution in Pakistan are teaching to such Madressa students? Their own version of Islam; to hate the US and foreigners; to teach them their own way of moving 1400 years ago; to believe that whatever these hirsute Mullah are doing is right.

Come to "Ghazi brothers" who were the head of their seminary in Islamabad. One can imagine what would be those five to six thousands students in future by considering the level of intellect of their head of the seminary. Why Maulana Abdul Aziz Ghazi said that "Islam allowed fleeing wearing Burqa". Why has he used Islam in order to promote his selfish interests". They have inculcated their bigoted and fundamentalist view in the minds of students who would probably in future be the "Head of the Mosque" or "Seminary" or they would start another Jihad campaing like that of Ghazi Brothers.

Conclusion

We must change our mindset of hypocrisy while criticizing the non-Muslims and ignoring all the evils prevailing in ourselves. We must accept our mistakes and guilts in order to realize that we will not do it again.

Before ending my discussions I would like to bring into consideration of a very good example:

Stephen Hawking is a world renowned Physicst; he cannot speak, walk, and move. He has permanently laid on a wheelchair. A machine carry out his words that he wants to say. He is suffering a kind of "Paralysis". But he is having a position in "Harvard University" that once "Einstein" took; teaching as a professor. He has explored the Universe in such a state and discovered so many phenomena.

Which religion emphasize most on observing the creation of God in this universe? It is Islam and when I see that those who claim to be the torch-bearer of Islam are hypocrite in nature, then my head falls with shame.

We are busy in preaching the world what Islam says, while we are doing nothing to follow them. If we correct ourselves then there is no need in correcting the world. Everything would be alright. May God Bless Our Religion!

P.S: while criticizing the Ghazi brothers, I do not not mean that all Religious scholars are the same. However, because of the support of "Itihad-e-Tanzimat-e-Madressa-Dinaya of Pakistan for them, I have concluded that majority of Mullahs are hypcrite in nature. Only few in numbers are real religious scholars. May God forgive any mistakes of mine.
Lo! man is in a state of loss. (Al-Asr:103:2) And every small and great thing is recorded. (Al-Qamar:54:53) And guard yourselves against a day in which ye will be brought back to Allah. Then every soul will be paid in full that which it hath earned, and they will not be wronged. (Al-Baqara:2:281)