View Single Post
Old Monday, October 28, 2013
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza666 View Post
Assalamoalaikum Aspirants,
I need help regarding preparation of paper 2 of geography,
as i m still confused about the topics to prepare for paper 2.
Kindly Please tell me,the list of topics we are supposed to prepare for paper 2,and which topics are compulsory and important for paper 2 preparation.
Thanks to all.
WoA dear, as umarabbas said, geo 2 is current affairs based paper and needs up to date knowledge of the related commercial portion...

It has three sections, Human,Commercial and Regional Geography.

What my analyses has been from the previous papers is that geo 2 is periodical.. means in odd numbered years(2009,2011,2013..) its major portion consists of "human geography"-be it world level or regional level-.

Where as even numbered years' paper consist major portion of commercial geography...

So if the pattern remains the same this time you'll have more portion of Commercial Geography so I would suggest preparing it very well and with up to date knowledge.

Topics:

1.Commercial Activities(Primary,Secondary,Tertiary..))
2.Agricultural Crops(Wheat,Rice,Sugarcane,Cotton....)
3.Industries & manufacturing(Textile Industry, Steel Mills...)
4.Natural Resources(Coal,Petroleum,Gas,Water..)

these are a must to do topics... but do add human portion because in case you don't face the question you prepared it would prove helpful

5.Possibilism & Determinism
6.Urbanization
7.Migration
8.Agriculture(General question with its types--not the commercial one)

Suggested Books: De Blij's Human Geography + F.K Khan's Commercial Geography by Oxford Press. You also have the option of getting prepared questions from the books of Sarfaraz Bajwa's and Mian Muhammad Anwars's Human Geography

P.S. This is strictly my own observation, so anyone may contradict but this is what I observed and found in my first attempt(2013) too.

Regards
Stay Blessed
Liza666 (Monday, October 28, 2013), ssurahio (Monday, October 28, 2013)