View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Super Moderator
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,041 Posts
Amna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud of
Default Belief in God

Belief in God

One man was standing on a peak of a very high mountain, enjoying the scenery of the surrounding beautiful lands. Suddenly his leg slipped and he started to fall down the mountain. As he struggled for dear life, he caught a piece of rock that stuck out a little from the mountainside.

Now he wasn’t falling any more, but he was hanging there helplessly. He couldn’t climb back up, and if he let go he would fall into a deep ravine and die. The man started yelling for help, hoping that someone might come up the mountain and help him. “Help me.... Is anyone there?”

After yelling for a long time, just when he was about to give up, he heard a voice: “This is God. I will help you if you do as I say.”

The man replied quickly, “I promise. I promise. I’ll do whatever you tell me to do. Please save me.”

God replied, “Let go of the rock and I shall save you.”

The man looked down at the dangerous ravine, and thought for a moment about what would happen if he let go of the rock. And then he started yelling again, “Is there anyone else who can help me?”

Whenever we get a chance, we never tire of saying that we have total faith in God. But whenever there is trouble and a test of our beliefs, we refuse to let go; we say, “Is there anyone else who can help me?

Life and Death are in the hands of Allah, but we hesitate to fight against dishonesty and cruelty. Our job and fortune are in the hands of Allah, we believe, but all the time we are busy making money through dishonesty, corruption, bribes, and other unfair means.

Do we really have true belief in God? Or are we deceiving ourselves as well as others?
Daisy (Friday, November 01, 2013), sadiakanwal (Thursday, July 10, 2014)