View Single Post
Old Friday, November 15, 2013

loveshakeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falak Ali View Post
what can be the problems for females in banking sector? i am fresh graduate and trying to get job in banks and already has given tests of ypip, bok's mto and khushali's BDO test... which bank or department is suitable for females?

Never go for the BDO . You are graduate and you deserve better job than BDO always evaluate your worth and set your goals high.

For girls i think banking job is good but it depends if you are posted in normal traffic branch then u will be at your home till 6 pm max 7 otherwise if there is a high traffic branch and you have got any assignment which is very time consuming there will be no chance you going home till 8 9

there are many areas in the branch

1: cash *NO GO AREA :P
In cash there are Teller ( cashiers ) and chief teller
2: Customer service representative / Personal banker
Clearing , Account opening , online transfers etc
3: Operation manager
OM corresponds to higher management and do assignments and over all supervision of the branch activity from ledgers to all stuff
4: Branch manager
branch manager try to accomodate customers and they are basically sales staf so they have got targets for month ends and years ends

then there are other staff which includes BDO in UBL bank they are called LSO ( Liability sales officer )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaqas View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions,
No dear I am not working in ABL. I already started searching a better job other than banking sector whenever I found it I'll definitely leave the banking sector forever.

Actually I am being faced severe Narrow Mindedness (Sindhi-Mahajir) by my Operational manager who is Sindh speaking I am the only Urdu Speaking in the region appointed for cash. I requested him several times to put me in general banking but he always replied

"cash mein hi kaam kerna parega warna resign do kyun kay tum cash kay liae hi appoint huwe ho kisi or department mein shift hone ka sawal hi paida nahi hota"

also says "tum pehle se bimar ho bank ne tumhain bimar nahi kiya" (tell me agar main pehle se bimar hota tou cash mein jahan ab 5 minutes nahi ruk sakta wahan 3-4 months kese sara sara din kaam ker sakta tha video recording hoti hai check ki ja sakti hai as a proof)

However there are many of my batch-mates who also appointed for the same are working in general banking,customer services,remittances and account opening some of them never worked in cash ever since their appointment. He just want my resignation I don't know what wrong with him I never misbehaved anyone especially with him. Everyone one can go after bank official timing if they complete their work except me I don't know why.

He emailed for extension of 1 month in my probation period and the letter issued by HR on 9th Oct for it but he kept it and gave it to me on 7th after finishing the additional extension I don't know why. I also emailed the HR when I received the letter by him after one month to asked why he kept my letter.

@Razz
Kindly guide me what should I do now ?

Almost every organization have this kind of employees who just do nothing but harass other good working employees to get there frustration level going down ..

in Ubl there is a policy which is call whisle blow policy in which there is pro forma which we have to fill what ever wrong is happening in the branch and send it to HR .. Hr will contact you in 7 days if not then the same copy will be dispatch of Head of operations

it is a very good policy to secure the employees from being harassed

i dont know in which bank are you but if you want to change your TAG which is cashier now then you have to visit Area Manager or District Customer Service Manager whatever your bank call it and talk to him

but frankly speaking in cash area specially Cashier are very hard to relocate to other assignment than Chief teller and other staff

in UBL chief teller next assignment is Operation manager but Cashier to Chief teller path is very difficult

Last edited by Amna; Friday, November 15, 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveshakeh For This Useful Post:
Falak Ali (Friday, November 15, 2013), TheWaqas (Friday, November 15, 2013)