View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 17, 2013

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbia View Post
yeah i do understand. but since ill be appearing in 2015 inshallah, ive loads of time. nae? And I live in Karachi. i completely agree with your statement about guidance but the point is there must be some mentor whom you should be seeking help whenever you get stuck on anything and I don't know anyone around me who could guide me in this.
Anyways, one of my optional is persian and I thought of moving to Lahore for two months, plus it'd be a bonus for me to join any mentor for 2 months who could help me out in essay and ca,pa. i just wanna know how to attempt questions critically. i dunno if its just kinda critical-writing-phobia or what but it scare me out just to think about it.
Well, if you have nobody around to guide you and you think it is the best way, then go ahead. Don't get so obsessed about answering in a critical way. You have good English, so I don't think you require much work in this department and as far as critical analysis is concerned, take it easy, we already think very critically, it is just about jotting it down. I wrote a post long ago, I don't know if I am allowed to quote it here but I'm quoting it anyway :

Analysis is about breaking a topic into its parts. What does the problem comprise of? You have to narrow it down. You have to enumerate its causes. You have to write down its effects.
Let's suppose the topic is Inflation. You have to define exactly what inflation is? Definition also restricts the topic. Inflation isn't price hike, but price hike is related to it. Price hike might be a cause of inflation or an effect of it. Then you go on enumerating the causes. One cause might be the Global Financial Meltdown, another cause might be rising oil prices. What are the effects? An effect might be rising commodity prices; frustration in the fixed-income bracket class. What might be the future effects? Now you're going to predict. There could be agitation against the price hike, it could even lead to political collapse, regime change!
Then you can suggest remedies. What should be done? Make a monetary policy and implement it. Widen tax net and subsidize the commodity items. Fix the currency exchange rate, promote local industries, invite foreign capital etc.
Now you sum up the arguments. Analysis done!
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
keenTHEquest (Monday, November 18, 2013)