View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 17, 2013

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbia View Post
i read it.
I got it what you're trying to say.
It's just that I never wrote or thought about our problems in that way. i was a member of one of our uni society and blogging which we used to do was subhan'ALLAH. Full of crap, full of slang. That's the main reason of getting all sweaty palms now. i ll surely work on it after graduation. plus one of the strategy which i'm applying these days is, i read headings in newspaper(mainly the one which i have already analyzed on my own via social media) khair then i try to come up with the points which might be covered in it, but unfortunately when i match only 48% of what i think it should be, is correct, and rest of it is so high level that i hate reading it at first. lol it happens everytime, everytime. and then i think bad idea. how do they write so well? i mean when we will be sitting in exam hall we cant use thesaurus there. we ll write whatever ll be coming across our pea size mind.
Haha. I can relate. I also used to write a lot of slang words. You gotta tone that down. When I got my essays checked by a Professor, the first warning I got was: don't use American spelling like program for programme, and color for colour.

You really got to read a lot of news before trying that matching thing. One technique that I applied was I used to write Dawn editorials after reading them. Did a lot of practice. And how do they write so well? It's their job, so they are good at it. They do it all the year round.

Forget about thesaurus. Simple words are the best. Don't try to impress the examiner with lofty words. It would go against you
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
farbia (Monday, November 18, 2013), keenTHEquest (Monday, November 18, 2013)