View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sarrial Banda will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Empire View Post
First of all , I really feel sorry for all of those who failed to make it. There is a very personal reason for this empathy that I harbour for those who couldnt pass the written exam: my younger brother, a cousin and a close friend met the same fate.*

Now, after reading comments of ladies and gentlemen on this thread I felt sorry for two reason. First, of course, failure is a heart rendering experience, and for me anyone's failure is a sorry sight. Second, seeing the fragility of human rationality is painful. I mean, hearing many of my friends here grousing about some conspiracy hatched by FPSC, the Commision being vengeful, and bla bla bla, is in itself a harrowing affair. Denial and rationalisation are the most oft used defence mechanisms by us, the superior mortals. Before taking this exam, one should be knowing that Luck does play a role. There is something we call fate. This exams, somehow, decides your fate. Being a competitive exam and the availibility of very few slots *available each year, make the result much more dependent on luck. Because at the end 10 marks decide your allocation in top 3 groups or being not allocated. And getting one objective right by sheer stroke of luck in each paper is not such a big deal ( what we call " tukkay"). And as expected , English essay and composition would be responsible for most of the casualties. I have seen many who just prepared ( read: crammed) one essay, and they hit the jackpot when they found the exact same essay in question paper. So, no matter how good you are at English, you cannot compete with that guy because you are under pressure, writing the essay for the first time, likely to make mistakes, mismanage time and myriad of other factors hindering you from being at par with someone who prepared the very same essay at home, got it checked by a competent teacher, edited and , rechecked it by the teacher and after getting a nod from his teacher, crammed it, practised writing it at home, making sure that it wouldn't take more than two and half hours so that it can be rechecked for any possible error. So, the point this lesser mortal is trying to make is that luck does play a role. Period.*

* Now, why the pass percentage so low? Now, I'm not trying to tell you guys that I'm a sage, but after my younger brother got through all his papers, I gave him some money and told him to go and enjoy himself with his friends. After a week when he came back, I told him to start preparing For 2014. You know why? Cuz I didn't see him fit. He didn't have the command. A friend of his, a doctor by profession, was predicted to pass the exam, and luckily he did. Why luckily? Because he was well prepared and luck didn't turn against him. Because there are many who are deserving candidates, but it really seems that their luck had turned AGAINST them. But there are many many and many such guys who are not well prepared. So the appearing of 11000 candidates doesn't make this exam more competitive. The real competition had always among the first 1000 guys. A very close friend of mine, who passed BA exam in 4 attempts is also an aspirant. And the guy I mentioned before( who passed) has been a topper throughout his life. So, a low pass percentage should not be such an enigmatic issue. In 2007, only 3500( not exact figure) candidates appeared. That was musharraf's era; lots of business was brought to country eg the telecom sector; country was brimming with NGOs offering hefty salaries. Gone are the days. No jobs for qualified engineers,the filthy pall of unemployment and despondency cast over *the country, youth has no where to go. So CSS is a good opportunity. Those who worked for three or four years got sacked ,or are in a position where they don't see any growth. So, within 6 years the figure has soared from 3500to 11000. All that I said was not meant to disparage your efforts or your talent. Shit happens, but this is life and let's face it. But there is one thingthat makes me sick :seeing everyone here in this country paranoid. As a nation we have a collective delusion that the whole world is conspiring against us. I really feel bad when I see the youth being grasped by such despondency. Cheer up and lets go for another try. There are a legion of example who qualified CSS in their third attempt. Only persistence can beat talent. So be persistent, get rid of all rot thoughts, have faith in the One who is omnipotent, give your best Nd leave the rest to Him with Whose will runs this FPSC and this country.*

And yeah, a last thing: don't get shocked by those who qualified last year and failed this year. There are many examples who qualified their first attempt but couldn't make it in the second.and yeah, there is one on this forum with the same fate but the good news is that he qualified his third attempt and is now serving in Customs, MASHALLAH. Why it happens? There are a raft of reasons: luck is not always a kind lady; our effort like our faith is never constant, it keeps on wavering; your competitors as well as paper checker change every year ,and many more.*

Tail piece:many a time, while writing this piece I hit the back space. I wanted to delete what I wrote; I didn't want to be so harsh , so heartless, trying to sound so pragmatic when many of you are feeling that your worlds have fallen apart, your dreams have shattered, your hopes dashed. But then I thought, why be a hypocrite, when i can say the very same words to My own brother, then why not to those whom I have never seen, never met, have no feelings for. So , guys, I'm really sorry for pouring out my heart. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I may be wrong and I take responsibility for that, for I'm a naive and I'm not the one who is going through the ordeal that you guys are going through. *I understand that many things are easier said than done .So, I apologise in advance. Stay blessed, be content and may you all find the undeserved bliss where ever you go. *
What a beautiful piece of writing it is! Loved your arguments as well as your way of expressing your thoughts.

I am also among the failed ones but I don't suspect any conspiracy or anything like that. But now I don't find it a rational decision to spend a whole year in preparation for a career path which promises only 2% success rate. Yes, we should try again & again but it shouldn't remain a priority anymore. After all it is just a profession & not a matter of religious attachments that one should devote the most productive & precious years of his adulthood in sake of a particular job. Once again I would say, your thoughts & expression are brilliant.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sarrial Banda For This Useful Post:
Arooj Goheer (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Faisal86 (Thursday, November 21, 2013), hafiz mubashar (Wednesday, February 19, 2014), Hamza Kahlon (Thursday, December 26, 2013), hsmraza (Thursday, November 21, 2013), imranazeem (Thursday, June 04, 2015), Last Island (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Leo Bird (Thursday, November 21, 2013), madiha alvi (Monday, November 25, 2013), Psycho Empire (Friday, November 22, 2013), sahar abbas (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Seemab (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Silent.Volcano (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Tassawur (Thursday, November 21, 2013), wasif786 (Saturday, November 23, 2013), zarakanwal (Thursday, November 21, 2013)