View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 21, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 2547

Farhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the rough

After appearing twice, qualifying once and trailing in other attempt, I believe it was the worst thing I did with my life because it has diverted my interest from my professional field. I'm an Engineer by profession and my day starts with machines and ends in machines, out of 24 hours my 10 hours pass with machines, 2 in drive that too in a machine, 8 in sleep and finally I'm left with only 4 hours for myself, my family and my friends. Given my nature, even those 4 hours were more than enough for me. But---after having a romance with subjects like sociology, Public Administration, Journalism and IR because of CSS --- now -- I've turned into a machine repellent creature . I have become more social, I want to be with humans I want to interact with humans. I simply want to enjoy my work, I want my work to be more goal oriented. I have started hating machines, I feel like putting the data center on fire, to make the work more manual and man oriented.
Having been in a situation like that, last night was one amongst the worst nights of my life. I knew I didn't prepare well, though, I would have if I could have, yet sometimes its hard to accept even expected things.
But that long night breeded some good thoughts too and the best one is: "It's not over until the fat lady sings".
beinghuman (Tuesday, December 24, 2013), Call for Change (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Gotam (Thursday, November 21, 2013), Hassan Razzaq (Sunday, November 24, 2013), khurram aziz (Saturday, November 23, 2013), madiha alvi (Saturday, December 07, 2013), roshanara (Monday, December 23, 2013), Sarrial Banda (Thursday, November 21, 2013)