View Single Post
Old Friday, November 22, 2013
42nd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 173

Sobeyah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhz99 View Post
What was your point of view? Reality or myth
My view was that Gender Equity is indeed a myth, even today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadk View Post
Can you shed more light on this topic? What did you write? What was your instance? a brief outline would be highly appreciated.

In your opinion, what was the differentiating factor in your essay?
I think what helped me through my essay were the following fact which i guess made it different as well:
1. I am an amateur writer and a keen reader, I having been reading and writing English prose and poetry since I was 8 years. (I can't sleep unless I read something before sleeping)
2. Due to my immense interest in Reading and Writing, I opted for English Literature in my FA and BA.
3. I am a Lecturer in the University now, Though my domain is Management Sciences but I have also taught Business Communication and English to BBA Students.
4. I have studied in Beaconhouse School System.
So I believe all this helped me write with flow and ease.
But most importantly Read alot! helps your expression and vocabulary and Practice writing alot as well. learn quotations and phrases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maha786 View Post
@sobiyah
what kind of quotations should be prepared for different subjects.
Maha, It is difficult to learn quotes specifically for various topics as you do not know what topics you would be presented with. So try to keep in mind as much general quotes that we come across everyday as possible. if you buy and read a book of quotes, that is also not a bad idea. but if you read alot, magazines, books, newspaper etc that will automatically feed you with lot of statements which you can later use in your writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadk View Post
Can you shed more light on this topic? What did you write? What was your instance? a brief outline would be highly appreciated.

In your opinion, what was the differentiating factor in your essay?
I wrote that whether it is woman of the East or west, belongs to any religion, and any era, she has always been the victim of male dominance. though Islam is the biggest advocate of Gender Equity, the Quranic Verses and Ahadith have always been misinterpreted, mistranslated according to the convenience of men. I have discussed important women throughout the history in detail like Cleopatra, Razia Sultana, Jodha, Our Beloved Islamic Women RA and. I discussed the current situation of East and West and the treatment of women everywhere. Rapes, exploitation, glass ceiling, physical and verbal abuse, sexual harassment, suppression in every aspect in detail.
Added lot of Quotes, examples and phrases.
fadk (Saturday, November 23, 2013), Inam Khattak (Friday, November 22, 2013), madiha alvi (Wednesday, February 05, 2014), nauman mahsud (Wednesday, November 27, 2013), Sajjad Magsi (Friday, November 22, 2013)