View Single Post
Old Friday, November 22, 2013

A New Beginning is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
I have received some amount in my account through cheque about 2 months ago. I visited my bank and queried about this. They told me that cheques are tallied and verified from the parent bank of cheque moreover they didn't provide me information of depositor. Now its hard task for me to further investigate. Plz suggest me what to do further. should i need to wait for a call from depositor or give it to some charity. One more question is such amount be used on some personnel expenditures
AOA, You must wait for anyone to claim the money, its unlawful even to charity the money as you don't have lawful authority over it.
This once happened with me that the money was deposited in wrong account, but once claimed from the bank they adjusted the amount. So wait until someone claims the money.
PS: with the latest tech in banks nowadays it can be easily traced as what cheque no bearing what name submitted such and such money. Please make a little effort in finding out, it will be counted as good amal inshaAllah.