View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wheeler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima47 View Post
Let me explain what happened. There were guys who initiated this cause of age relaxation Rai Ansar, Dr. Rehan etc. They took the matter to court. One petition was filed in LHC (which is pending to date and its been two years now). The other petition was filed in Peshawar High Court (by Anees Khan- a CSS aspirant and a lawyer by profession). The petition in Peshawar High Court was immediately dismissed. Guys who went to LHC had hired A.K Dogar as their lawyer. A.K Dogar demanded one million rupees but later (considering that these people could not afford one million) dropped the costs to 0.4 million (400,000). Then came Wheeler on the forum and told other people that he could help them out (this happened in 2013). A group of aspirants talked to our respected Wheeler. Then after a couple of months we were told that the petition filed by Wheeler in Islamabad High Court was dismissed (since the same petition was pending in LHC too). How I know all this is because my sister too paid 15000 rupees (for nothing).

The top notch lawyers you guys are thinking about charge in millions. No lawyer likes to fight pro bono cases (unless you are Gillani and your lawyer is Aitzaz Ahsan).

Based on my observation and understanding of what has happened in age-relaxation petition, let me tell you what will happen here:

1. There will be lot of posts about getting justice and getting FPSC penalized.

2. All aggrieved members will extend their full moral support and tell others that they need only 200,000 or 300,000 rupees. (Wheeler said that he would charge 40,000 for age relaxation petition if there is only one petitioner and Rs 80,000 if there are multiple petitioners).

3. There will be fights as regards to choice of forum followed by discussions about merits of judges (e.g people saying Shaukat Aziz gives bold judgement so lets file a petition in IHC).

4. 98% of people will sit back and wait for the outcome, thinking if the outcome is positive, it will operate in their favour too.

5. Few people will contact top-notch lawyers (Naeem Bukhari etc) via emails/ phone and ask how much they would charge.

6. More requests of money, more chanting of unity slogans and "the cause".

7. Finally, with few innocent people contributing, there will be few posts updating people "today a petition was filed in IHC", "today our case was heard" etc etc.

8. FPSC would overlook summons and submit a reply (written statement) after more than six months (CPC can go to dickens, this is what happens).

9. At the end, it will only be a debate alive on css forum with people reiterating same things and nothing on ground. THATS IT.

When some people gave a reality check in age relaxation thread, they were insulted and were labelled as "dubious" (not that there were not those who actually came to demoralize). But friends, lets accept things as they are. You think your petition will lead to overhauling of the whole FPSC?? Or it will make you land in your favourite group?

Here is the truth which hardly any lawyer would tell you: you have absolutely no case (as per my understanding).

The fact that marking was extremely strict or the Faisalabad scandal was the reason makes little sense to a person who is out of the frame. Re-exam was great injustice but it was the only thing that could have been done to ensure transparency. Yes, you can perhaps ask the court to apprehend other culprits but when it comes to "public interest", re-exam was the only option.

I do not mean to discourage you but seriously, if someone is so interested in bringing justice to your door, let him fight it as a pro bono case.

Accept things as they are. If you don't believe that it was not your time, please have a look at Vet Doc's DMC. There is Someone Who controls everything. Avail yourself of all attempts, give your best and leave the rest.

Oh btw, if you still want to go ahead with petition, please do. Its been months since I last posted on this forum but I wanted to divulge few things. "Musalman bhai ko ghalat mashwara daina bhi khayanat hai". This goes out to lawyers and everyone out there.

Thank you for your reply Sister. However, I would completely disagree with you over the bleak picture you have painted regarding the outcome of this case. Being a law graduate you should know that there is a world of difference between the age relaxation case and this case.

This is a very strong case. While preparing this case, I came across CSS Rules 2013 which clearly mention that there wiill be no re-exam whatsoever. Under which rule FPSC went for a re-exam of a select number of people from Faisalabad? If it had to take a re-exam this opportunity should have been granted to all candidates.If some 'insiders' are to believed,Chairman FPSC instructed the concerned people at FPSC to not pass more than 250 people so that the interview process does not extend to 6 months, as used to happen earlier. This case will open a can of worms. FPSC will be forced to pay for its merciless slaughter of candidates.They will have to explain why they failed so many candidates especially in the Essay paper.

I hope that as a result of this case, not only we will be able to get CSS 2013 exam cancelled but also force the court ot issue criteria for passing candidates which the FPSC will be bound to follow in future.Arbitrary marking will be put an end to.

Lastly, coming over to the lawyers' fee, I assure you that the legal team will charge a highly subsidised fee.It will be far lesser compared to what people paid to Mr.AK Dogar. The lawyers in this team are Barristers and LLM from UK and US. The person heading the team is a Barrister and LLM from Harvard University. By all means, this is the most well skilled and well qualified team which will, God Willing, bring relief to thousands of candidates.

I urge you all to join this noble cause and become petitioners in this case. The more the number of petitioners the stronger the case and the lesser the per-person contribution to the legal fee.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wheeler For This Useful Post:
venomous sophie (Monday, December 02, 2013)