View Single Post
Old Monday, November 25, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhz99 View Post
Please evaluate the outline

Dear, i believe you have attempted this essay in biological terms purely. Understand the meaning of Gender.

Gender in itself is nothing but a projection of a particular sex. For example: If i say Brave, what does come into your mind? Most of the people would say, "Man". There would be far and few who might come up with a "Lady". Although technically speaking, a lady can be as brave or even more-brave than a man.

So the point is, Gender is what is perceived of a sex in a particular society. Try to solve this Essay on those lines.

A tip to solving Essays (in light of my experiences and with example)

Lets take the following 3 titles:

1- Can women be equal to men in Pakistan? (2010 attempt)
2- Discuss the Socio Economic Rights of women in Islam (2012- do not remember the exact wording of the title- apologies)
3- Gender Equality is a Myth

Analyzing (1)

Can (So this is a question- the conclusion of the Essay must have a definite Answer: Yes/No) Women (weaker sex, the better part, the better half etc) be Equal (Equality in what terms? Equality in terms of sanctity of life, dignity, access to medical opportunities etc) in Pakistan (just Pakistan! Forget about Islam, Hinduism, West, East. It is just Pakistan).

Hope that makes sense! Obviously when you discuss Pakistan and women's equality, both Islam and the West play their roles. But that would certainly not mean that 3/4th of your Essay occupies the status of Women in Islam and how our Holy Prophet SAW was nice to our Mothers of Faith (RA).

Discuss the Socio Economic Security of Women in Islam (This is self evident)

Gender (What is a gender? in simple terms, this is how a sex is perceived in a society. Gender varies! it is not static. The women of yesterday was perceived in a different manner than what she is perceived as today. Explain the difference between a gender and a sex) Equality (Again the same portion as 2010 with addition that how it is calculated or how it can be calculated. There are various indexes and they tell us about the state of Women Equality throughout the Globe) is a myth (A Myth is something that does not exist and is wrongly reported. It is certainly not a myth. There are instances where women are more empowered while there are others where they are least empowered. Obviously since nobody is perfect therefore we don't have a perfect equality. But the absence of a perfect example does not permit us to rule it out absolutely. If there is variances in Equality indexes throughout the world, it definitely means that equality exists)

Once you decode the statement, the rest of the essay becomes easy. You can give the outline any shape. In fact, if a candidate has prepared for (1), he should be able to do (2) and (3) without any worry because the facts remain the same only the space that these facts occupy vary from case to case (in one example Islam deserves the primary attention, in the other gender for instance)

P.S the fact that I used "he should be able to do" shows the Gender biased-ness prevailing around us. He/She was the appropriate way to make my point
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Asgharstar (Monday, June 08, 2015), mhz99 (Monday, November 25, 2013), nice grl (Monday, November 25, 2013), Santiago (Wednesday, May 28, 2014), Seemab Jamil (Monday, April 27, 2015), SIDRAHALI (Friday, February 03, 2017), xeeshanqureshi (Saturday, November 30, 2013), Zakkhan88 (Monday, September 19, 2016)