View Single Post
Old Monday, November 25, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkzenab View Post
Very useful discusion.
in my point of view, gender refers to the cultural construstion regarding masculinity and femininity. it is a learned behaviour and each society assigns the roles and statuses to its individuals according to its culturally constructed concept of gender. if we look at the past then the concept of gender equality was just a myth and in the present scenerio, it is still a myth.
That's my point of view about Gender as well The difference lies in conclusion. I conclude that Gender Equality may not be a reality today, but eventually mankind will move towards a realization that Gender Equality is no more a myth. For example: For years, Women were not inducted into air force for various reasons but a few of them related to the way they are structured by mother nature. but now that is being refuted and they are being inducted as Fighter pilots

The natural boundaries may never be completely overcome but with scientific revolution and advancement these boundaries are thinning out. As an instance: man was structured as a hunter by mother nature and one of his main responsibilities included hunting in the primitive societies. That is why Men have a sharper eyesight straight ahead and can think faster to take decisions in complicated scenarios.

Women were envisioned as camp dwellers and since her role included guarding the cave/nest while the man was away for hunting she has a more accurate and wider range of eyesight (scientifically proven). Similar she needed to be social and have a stronger intuition.

But with advancement in science, that gap is being bridged Women can take very quick and complex decisions because of a computer for instance.

That's why my conclusion is that Gender Equality is not a myth because it is very much achievable and is being achieved at varying degrees across the globe A good discussion though. Stimulating at least
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
fedoyar (Monday, January 13, 2014), Santiago (Wednesday, May 28, 2014), Seemab Jamil (Monday, April 27, 2015)