View Single Post
Old Monday, November 25, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmahmood View Post
Dear Umar brother ,

thank you so much for your kind effort and reply.
I welcome your suggestions. Under each mentioned outline i was going to elaborate the same points which elaborated .like conflict with Rajputana and diplomatics policy against mongols , when iltutmish refused for asylum to Mankbarni, shah of khwarzim against mongols. because mongols were chasing to him. but they returned back, so iltutmish diplomatically saved his infant turkish empire . this is the only one example which i mentioned , while other administrative reforms and battles will be mentioned in this question.

what you think ?

what you think why mongols backed and did not proceeded further towards indus valley? if they proceed further , map of the world would be changed.
As far as i may recall, by that time Ganghis Khan died and his sons were at odds among themselves. Secondly, like Mahmud of Ghazni, they saw their fortunes in Western Asia rather than South Asia (i may be wrong). It was only during Balban's time that the Mongols were united enough and strong enough to think about annexing South Asia but by that time Balban had become strong enough.

That is the reason why Iltutmish and Balban more or less share the policy of non-expansion
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
bmahmood (Monday, November 25, 2013)