View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 05, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by seher bano View Post
Agreed, but to me topic is (Beggars= miserable person or country etc can not be chooser= means they don't have any option to choose). Now what I think there is difference in beggars and needy. All the beggars are needy but all the needy are not beggars. What I see, your examples reflect the position of needy like at the time treaty of Versailles Germany was needy and was compelled to bow down. Your examples could be accepted as I am not saying these are totally irrelevant. Its only my opinion.

Ok now my turn Check out my expansion.

A contented Mind is a blessing Kind (CSS 2008)

A man who is satisfied with what he has is more contented and happy than the envious ones. It means the people who are jealous of other’s possessions, wealth, and fame can not be satisfied even if they are endowed with all the bounties of this world. Quran, the holy book of Muslim, says:

“O believers! If you become satisfied with what you have, GOD will be satisfied with your inadequate deeds on the Day of Judgment…”

As a matter of fact, there are so many people who are satisfied with their inadequate possessions. They do not run after money or materialism, because it is well-documented fact that materialism ignites chaos, unrest, and all the other ills of a society. If we look into the history, we have two bloody world wars, first in 1914 and the second in 1939. The basic reason of these wars was imperialism. The European powers were not satisfied with their existing colonies. Every European power was trying to have more and more colonies for the economic benefits. Resultantly, two World Wars and loss of man and money had been experienced. Similarly, another major bloodshed was seen in 1948 when Israel was proclaimed independent by the special resolution in United Nations. After its independence they, in order drive out the Muslims from Palestine, resorted to violence and martyred around 1 million Muslims in Palestine. These are some of the unfortunate event that was the direct outcome of discontentment.

It would be safe to conclude that mother of all ills is a discontented mind. It is the source of all evils and unrest in our society. This is why it is said that a contented mind is a blessing kind which spreads love, peace and fraternity.

Good attempt dear. But let me know one thing that is it appropriate to start our expansion with a quotation?

Second thing is that try to explore your expansion more and more. Give some current examples...

Third thing is that I want to ask a question that how many paragraphs should be written in a perfect paragraph. (and how many pages in our exam)

And please share your English Composition score and essay paper's score.

Thanks...