View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 07, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Bottom line: An Islamic state, such as Pakistan, clearly discriminates among its citizens on the basis of religion and the slogans of 'Islam stands for equality' are plainly hollow.
I think the religious and social liberty that is enjoyed by the minorities in Pakistan has no precedent in many other countries of the world. They are free to exercise their religion as they want to, now if you ask that they must be free to promulgate their religion in an Islamic country then it is absurd. We have the example in the first Welfare state of Madina that all Jews were free to follow their religion but were not allowed to proliferate their religious views, being a Muslim it is an obligation on us to do the same as Holy Prophet did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
And 'many' secular countries? I did know about one of two but pray do let me know about 'many' of those countries.
I tell you what Secular countries do. In France and Switzerland the Hijab was banned for no logical or any intelligible reason, that is called prejudice and Religious discrimination.

The Secular Indians slaughtered innocent Muslims when they were practicing their religion i-e on Eid ul Azha they stopped the Muslims from slaughtering Animals from Qurbani and that is called prejudice and religious discirmination.

The same Secular Indians slaughtered Sikhs in Golden Temple, that is called religious discrimination.

The Budhist monks who chant the slogans of religious tolerance, brutally slain innocent Muslims in Burma, that was not only discrimination but was actually genocide. Do minorities face the same here?

On the contrary, Pakistan whom you are blaming to be a bad place for minorities to live in, is actually a safe heaven. In (RMA) Military Academy Sand Hurst a Pakistani cadet was not allowed for training for having beard, while in Pakistan Military academy Kakul a Sikh cadet Harcharan Singh not only got the equal opportunity of being an officer in Pak Army but was also free to wear his traditional turban.

So my brother, don't blame this country or our religion for no valid reason, minorities are enjoying great liberty of every kind in this country.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
respectful (Tuesday, December 17, 2013)