View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 07, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post

In France, there are about five million Muslims (largest minority in Western Europe). According to the estimates, about 2,000 of the women use full face veils (you can look up the statistics). A decision that affects 2,000 out of five million (that amounts to only 0.04!) can hardly be called targeting a minority.
Well all of the community member who are being stopped from fulfilling their religious duty (All of the women who do veil), if it is not religious discrImination then what is? By the same token, If we assume that there are 2 Million Christians in Pakistan and not all of them are churchgoers but only 2000 are, and Govt of Pakistan does such a legislation that stops Christians from going to church then not the whole christian community would suffer but only 2000 Churchgoer Christians will, won't it be a religious discrimination and against liberties? Very absurd logic you gave.....Simple is that Hajab is banned and it is against civil liberties as well as is religious discrimination.

Quote:
France never targeted entire Muslim community like Pakistan targeted an entire community (and the record about others is not very refreshing either). And further, in France you are openly allowed to campaign against such a law (and many people, including French non-Muslims do so). And just a little more piece of information: surveys have revealed that most Muslims agree with the ban. Correct me if I'm wrong. (However, it is certainly against civil liberties and personal freedom and people have been protesting against it ever since).
Manifestation is just mentioned above whether France targeted or not, and you give me one single example when in Pakistan such a thing happened? And would you like to enlighten me with one of such survey results that Majority of muslims agrees with ban on Hijab? I wait the reference. And I have corrected you

Quote:
Finally, there is also a ban on the religious symbols of every religion in state schools (in France), not just Islam.
And here you yourself agree that they do persecute minorities. And I didn't mentioned Islam only, you yourself proved me right.

Quote:
Oh and no one kills you because of apostasy if you decide to leave Christianity or any other religion and embrace Islam.
Oh! And what about Marwa El-Sherbini who was stabbed in German court because of wearing Hijab? I give you the reference buddy, here you go

Never in Pakistan has happened such a thing that someone was killed just because he/she was following his/her religion. Minorities enjoy full freedom to follow their religion until they commit the blasphemy which is against the spirit of freedom.

Quote:
If we are comparing Pakistan with other countries, believe me, Pakistan will look pretty bad so better leave it. If you insist, try comparing it with so many other secular (since this is one word everyone loves to demonize) countries who do not use religion as a political tool. We are Pakistanis and our first concern is the ills inflicting our own country; charity begins at home.
Your calling it bad won't make it so buddy, I have given you examples as corroborations, your calling it bad won't make it so. And My friend I have proved how your so called secular states treat the minorities. And for your information, Pakistan is not a secular country Alhamdulillah. We will give every freedom to minorities that Islam grants and they already enjoy such a freedom already.
Quote:
I also find it very amusing that you have given a clean chit to Pakistan on the basis of a couple of examples. This tells how bad the bigger picture might be.
So, finally you agreed that what other states do with minorities, I didn't give any clean chit to Pakistan because i don't need that, minorities enjoy here full liberty. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rida Malik View Post
Thankyou for your detailed responses, i could never quite put these thoughts in this way when arguing about the said issues.
Not many people in here are willing to admit that their country does not function on the moral principles they seem to propagate so passionately, and the same ones they insult by their own personal behaviour.
Majority of this nation is not only hypocritical, but in denial of their own moral dysfunctions as well.

Everyone is responsible and everyone wants to blame foreign politics as the cause to everything that does not work out for them.

The only way a true democracy with equal rights works well is separation of state and religion, no one will ever hear anything of this sort though. not even in arguments.

If people want to make this country a secular state and blaming it for no good reason so that they can provide an excuse, then I must disappoint them that our country was made by our ancestors in the name of Islam, it will remain as a Muslim country Insha Allah, it won't be turned in to a liberal one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
ADIL KHESHGI (Saturday, December 07, 2013), respectful (Tuesday, December 17, 2013)