View Single Post
Old Monday, December 09, 2013

pakistan10 is on a distinguished road
Default One More Thing

And yes, indeed they are able to make that impression successfully in minds of many people. When I started reading Dawn for the first time I was so impressed by their English. But when I started reading USA and UK newspapers and articles in their newspapers, I asked my self a question, why are they not trying to make their impression? Its because English is the first language of people here, so there is no point showing to people that you have a better English as people will give a damn about it and are not impressed by your level of English. We in South Asia specially India and Pakistan are very much impressed by English. You must have noticed people giving that extra attention to those having good command over English. People here are obsessed with English not their national language and probably that's the reason why our local English Newspapers and writers use such level of English where they are successful to give a impression to people that 'We are better then you, we have strong English' but does not fulfill the full purpose of a Newspaper.