View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mohammed Ali Baig is on a distinguished road

@Agha

Zoology is risky, tough and low scoring

Reason for Being Tough:
Though the topics given in the syllabus are straight enough, Zoology is still one of the toughest subjects in CSS. It is because in Pakistani education system, subjects like Maths, Accounting, Botany, Zoology, Geography, Islamiat and Pakistan History are taught to almost the majority. This makes the examiners more demanding. Zoology is indeed a good subject if you possess especial expertise in beautifying your answer sheet with broad diagrams, tables and highlight the main points, plus make many headings. Also, if you use your own words and not reproduce the topics from your notes, you can for sure fetch some great marks. BUT AGAIN! opt it only if you can follow the above mentioned tips. I am always against the subjects which contain 200 marks, I have my own reasons so lets not talk about them. Zoology is another subject with 200 marks: without knowing your background I have presented you very handful tips, but still be very careful before opting any scientific subject (esp. when its of 200 marks), because unlike other 'generic' subjects in CSS, science requires ample time, dedication and energy

Reason for Being Low Scoring:
Because of the following reasons;
1. Most of us fail to satisfy the expectations of the examiner
2. A huge strength picks this subject with mainly the background of BSc, most of them are experts at writing answers in good length and detail. SINCE, I discussed above, that marking in CSS is relative, your paper will be judged against the paper of other participants, which will serve as the bench-mark for your performance

Alternatives:
1. Public Administration (100 Marks: Easy to cover all the topics, easy to get 65+marks)
2. Indo-Pak History (200 Marks: Can be replaced directly with Zoology. This year Indo-Pak History, European History and US History are on good edges because of less strength, please read my first post in this thread for detail)
3. Sociology (100 Marks: Can be taken with Public Admin: Easy to cover for anyone, easiest for someone with a background of Social Science or BSc Zoology, Botany, Geography)

I will not suggest you to go for Journalism for the next two years[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"], it will be a disaster in future, we'll see

Good Luck

Last edited by Arain007; Friday, December 13, 2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: avoid red font
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Ali Baig For This Useful Post:
aghaadnan (Friday, December 13, 2013)