View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 10, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by night hawk View Post
Respected seniors,
I had studied Islamiat in O levels (2002) and since then, I never touched this subject. I just studied 4 chapters from Farkhanda Noor's book Islamiat for CSS and attempted the paper in my own way(what I thought of Islam & Islamic principles/practices) without quoting a single hadith/ayat or book/author. I was awarded 61 marks. I wonder how & why?
You have done what was required. CSS 2013 papers particularly compulsory papers were very unconventional, they required analysis not crammed material. You analysed in your own own words, you hit the bull's eye, keep it up, you won't get let down.
Quote:
I received 54 marks in Pakistan Affairs despite the fact that I didn't study any book/article from post-Khilafat movement till Musharraf regime in 4 months of my preparation. Khair, my good luck !
Again you analysed and you got the reward. Just fulfill their requirement, they won't block the marks, after all they don't have to take these marks back to their home. Just be natural.

Quote:
Islamic History part I 59
Islamic History part II 44 (Keep it in mind that I consulted the same resources for both parts (Professor Hitti, Armstrong, BBC history + Documentaries) and attempted in the same way
I would still accept these results. But, it was shocking for me to see my friend getting a low score (58,48) despite his past track record of getting higher scores(65, 68 & 69, 67) in his previous two attempts. Neither Islamic history has changed in one year nor the question paper pattern has been altered. ??
Look at the past papers and compare them with 2013 paper, you will get the clue behind the low score of your friend in that particular attempt. He might have been stereotypical and still evaded the disaster because paper itself used to be stereotypical but 2013 paper was analytical. Perhaps that is the reason behind low score this time.
Quote:
Now the last subject that I want to mention here is Balochi which is my native language as well. I got 52 in Balochi but that was not surprising for me. What was really surprising was that my respected friend who had scored 75 and 80 in previous two attempts, scored 56. I wonder if his Balochi has changed in one year or he lost his mind in his third/last attempt??
No idea of that paper, have never seen one.
Quote:
Same was the case with students of Journalism who received very low scores like 33, 37, 38 despite getting over 50 marsks in previous attempts. Would anyone argue that they received marks by cramming market books ? Similarly, it was even more shocking to see students with a background in journalism getting low (not average) marks.
It would be prudent not to opt Journalism and Socio and all such subjects that are very general and are opted by majority of people because you can't do anything special in such subjects from majority of others who opted the same subject.

Quote:
P.S I congratulate all those who passed in CSS 2013. They all worked hard and 'luckily' crossed all the 'barriers' set by evaluators. I do not see any conspiracy behind failure of candidates. In my view, the parochial approach of FPSC to save face after the Faisalabad debacle was the main reason for the low and unexpected result. Our seniors should do a hollistic analysis by viewing some of the the empirical evidence(subject wise scores) from all those who failed to qualify CSS 2013 examinations. Or atleast they should interview 3-4 candidates from different regions/centres before giving their such superficial opinions.

" If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. "
Rene Descartes
That's like a gentleman attitude, now you know your mistakes, stay ready for next attempt and remember don't repeat your mistakes. I would rather urge you to sit down and try to figure out where you lacked and then make a strategy. These are not anomalies, you must realize that things have changed and are not as they used to be in the past, now you must be natural in your thought.

Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
night hawk (Tuesday, December 10, 2013)