View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Shah Ends will become famous soon enough

I don't know about the book you mentioned, but i think that would be for graduate civil engineers, still too advanced to be studied for sub engineer's posts.
I would advise you to stick to your own text books, generally i would suggest you to study these subjects.
1)cover basics of structure, like strength of materials(shear force, bending moment, stress, strain, some basic unit conversions, types of beams, types of loads, columns, types of columns, basics of trusses, some basics of slabs, different grades of steels used in construction etc etc from your text book).
2)Engineering materials(concrete, cement, aggregates, different ratios of water cement etc, mortar, bricks etc)
3) Building construction and estimation(different types of bonds, joints basics about estimation methods etc)
4)Fluid mechanics+soil mechanics(weirs, notches, orifices basics about Dams, canals, outlets, fumes, water flow and capacity units, soils, foundations etc)
5)Survey and transportation engineering(different survey instruments, different techniques of surveying, errors and accuracies in survey, and in transportation only focus on the basics of roads i.e different terminologies used in roads etc)
I have given you a general idea about studying the very basics of different subjects you had been taught. Do not ever go in complex designs of columns, beams, slabs, stairs, bridges, Dams, roads, tunnels etc etc, because these are advance level things which would be really very difficult for you to understand and have a lot of complex formulas which are difficult to remember and apply. So just keep in your mind, you only have to study the basic of your subjects.
I hope this may help you.
tanker (Thursday, December 12, 2013)