View Single Post
Old Friday, December 13, 2013

pakistan10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIL KHESHGI View Post
Dear Friend! What the CSP officials have been enjoying is because of the corruption in our government departments and this is the main cause of why these posts are most sought after. But let me tell you one thing that if the facilities they're enjoying (through fair or foul means) are removed from the lives of these officers that would be after a strenuous process of social change but still these slots would be the most sought after because then the people would be more patriotic (post social change era) and would want their selves to serve their country by having a say at the policy formulation and implementation level. So my point is that the CSS is not gonna lose its charm.
True. Some people I have seen get jealous from the facilities given to CSS Officers. I always tell them that they actually deserve all those perks. First of all getting selected among 12000 students is a big achievement in itself. Secondly if CSS officers are only paid 30,000 rupees salary and nothing else, no talented and competent student will be interested and motivated working hard day and night only to get 30,000 rupees per month in the end. It is justified that all those perks and facilities given to CSP officers because they are the cream of Pakistan. One of them than argued why there are no perks given to civil service officers in Developed countries like UK,USA? Because I live here my response was that because the perks and privileges are compensated with higher salary. Civil Service officers get much higher salaries in UK/USA in which they can afford a nice house, vehicles and have a good middle class life. If CSP officers should not get perks, they should then be compensated by higher salaries like 3 lac rupees per month. End of the day its the same thing, whether you give them less salary and provide accommodation and other perks or pay higher salary.

Even if there is no corruption in Pakistan, I believe CSP officers should still be given power and perks. After all they are a few selected brains among millions who help shape the policy and run day to day affairs of Pakistan. According to Anatol Lieven author of 'Pakistan A Hard Country', he argued that Pakistan despite facing so much challenges Pakistan has been able to survive and grow because of some honest bureaucrats and politicians.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakistan10 For This Useful Post:
ADIL KHESHGI (Friday, December 13, 2013), Bostan (Sunday, December 15, 2013)