View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 14, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,879 Times in 593 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafnoorelahi View Post
exactly sir, i saw your outline and found so many topics that i could not write on. there is not even a single article of cold war in jwt and it is so important from both current affairs and u.s history perspective. so that's why i got a little frustrated.

sir, why do you mention rann of kutch and sir creek separately? i read two articles on jwt which mentioned that:

geographic location
sir creek is basically a 100 km stretch in rann of kutch, bordering area between sindh and indian gujrat.

economic importance

it is marshy area and because of prospective gas and oil and increasing energy crises, the importance of the place has increased over time.
maritime boundaries once drawn can be also be used for commercial exploitation, since it is navigable channel

pak basis its claims on bombay government declaration of 1914, whereas indians recognize their claim on the basis of international law.

round of talk:
dialogue on this issue has occured multiple times between the both neighbouring countries.between 1969 to 2011, there has been eight rounds of talks. india refuses to accept the map of 1914.for the last time, talk on this issue were held in 2011, but still not resolved.

suggestions:
Demarcation
Administration
Delimitation
Allocation
( is this information sufficient or you think i should work out more on it )
Rann of kutch and Sir Creek are two different issues because Sir Creek is about 96km long water strip in area of kutch, which is of great importance when it comes water disputes between the two countries. Jab k Rann of Kutch is a disputed area ov 3600 miles approx which was occupied by India after 1965 war.

Aik or point tht distint the two issues is k India is ready to talk over Rann of Kutch dispute where is they aren't even ready to discuss Sir Creek because of its water and oil enrich resoures.