View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 14, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafnoorelahi View Post
The official name of our species is homo sapiens; but there are many anthropologists who prefer to think of man as homo Fabr-the smith, the maker of tools It would be possible. I think, to reconcile these two definitions in a third. If man is a knower and an efficient doer, it is only because he is also a talker In order to be Faber and Sapiens, Homo must first be loquax, the loquacious one. Without language we should merely be hairless chimpanzees. Indeed we should be something much worse. Possessed of a high IQ but no language, we should be like the Yahoos of Gulliver's Travels- Creatures too clever to be guided by instinct, too Self-centered to live in a state of animal grace, and therefore condemned forever, frustrated and malignant, between contented ape hood and aspiring' humanity. It was language that made possible the accumulation of knowledge and the broadcasting of information. It was language that permitted the expression of religious insight, the formulation of ethical ideals, the codification to laws, It was language, in a word, that turned us into human beings and gave birth to civilization.

Importance of language in human development
Officially a man is called homo sapiens, a knower, while anthropologist consider him the maker of tools: homo fabr. A man possess these traits since he is homo laquax or the loquacious one. language has enabled him to hoard and transmit knowledge, to express religious wisdom, codify laws, and form ethics. Without language, a man’s mental faculty and egoism would frustrate him and leave him in a semi-human form. Language, in fact, has given birth to human civilization

exclusively dear, i was not well yesterday. thank for waiting though. kindly evaluate this precis from 2003

My title is : The role of language in human development

Dear today you have attempted your precis really nicely. I have not deducted even a minor mistake. Keep going on....

And get well soon