View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 18, 2013
E M P O W E R

Gotam is a jewel in the roughGotam is a jewel in the roughGotam is a jewel in the rough

Motivation, Aha! When I think to write about this word, my mind just overflows with the ideas. It really becomes hard to paint them in words and order for a lasting impact. I will try to limit myself and keep it short here and help you to focus on studies.

I start with thanking brother Nasr Khan for initiating this thread with an aim to help and motivate the aspirants. He has truly framed their current state of mind; they need help, they need motivation.

OK fellaz. This CSS exam is just like a war with many battles alongside. Where, you are energetic in the beginning. You win many battles; making up your mind to be a CSP, subject selection, books collection, boarding a hostel etc. But at times you feel distracted and de-motivated. You then want to surrender to a certain battle and eventually the war. But that is not the spirit of a saviour. A saviour keeps on fighting till it ends either in a victory or defeat as destined by Divine. What is needed here is the Focus. The focus on what is the most important for you.

You all know that modern days have everything unique and of varied nature if they have to offer. Like any other gift by them, their distractions too have some speciality. They are forceful and seducing; they only seem good. They destroy your productivity. They are time vampires. Distractions can be social, domestic, technological or the like. The battle, to win here, is to fight with them. To say ‘no’ to them and gain, guess what? Focus. This doesn't mean that you have to focus on studies for the entire day. You can’t do that. A point will come where you will mere be repeating a line for understanding, you will be reading but without any gain. This is a sign that you need to close your books. Then do what? Go out and enjoy? No. Why? Because you want to enjoy or go out for a while but the interruptions are so alluring that you may end up squandering your entire day. So don’t choose this. Do another thing that can be done in your own vault and in cycles.

Here is what you can do when you feel so. Listen to the motivational speeches, watch inspiring videos, internet is full of them. Download them. Read inspiring quotes; write quotes on the chits and pin them to the board in your room if you have any. Read, not many but, a few paragraphs from a book that has ever inspired you. Remind yourself of your desired service group. Recall the names of CSPs whom you know. Take deep breath. These all will unleash your inner soul and release energy. That energy will re-energize you. And you again will be ready and fresh to fight the battle. The cost here is not much. You only have to give around 20 to 30 min for this. Gain is certainly more: refuelling and regeneration for hours. Deal is in your favour. Don’t think much. Practice it from today, from now. And chase the allure and mastery over this skill. Focus on studies.

Last edited by Gotam; Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gotam For This Useful Post:
EmKay (Friday, January 17, 2014), Hina Rafaqat (Sunday, December 17, 2017), NASR KHAN (Wednesday, December 18, 2013), Rana Osman (Saturday, January 04, 2014), zeeshan marwat (Wednesday, December 18, 2013)