View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ammyabbas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
Hi Tehman, this is an essay question (20 marks) and there may be more than 1 way of answering this particular question. Please find below (as far as I can recall) my answer was some what on the lines given below.

Introduction:
-Muslim hordes expansion from the Arabian Peninsula to the far flung areas of Africa, Europe, Central Asia, and South Asia after the Prophet's (PBUH) death.
-Every where they left a lasting legacy in terms of art, architecture, religion, social ethos etc.
-In South Asia, perhaps, their influence is the most visible in all the fields i.e art, architecture, religion, social customs, social fabric etc. So the South Asian transformation is unique etc etc

Chronological Order of Invasions:
-Arab Invasions:
-Effects on Society: Effects on Language, Architecture, Science and Culture, Trade. Example: Sindh becoming part of the New World Order of the time (as against the Hindu tradition of seclusion from the world)
-Effects on Social Fabric: Religion, Provided a unique opportunity for Islam and Hinduism to live next doors as neighbors, Customs and Festivals, Caste System, Inter-marriages, Sufism etc

-Turk Muslim Invasions
- Effects on Society: Ushered Urbanization (cities springing up, many of which were built by the Turk Sultans themselves against their names) etc
- Effects on Social Fabric: Caste System damaged through urbanization, administration, Bhakti and Sufism which led to Sikhism eventually etc
- Effects on Administration: Provided its first capital, its first official language, in fact the first identity of India/Hindustan in a true sense, Agriculture reforms of different forms, Fiscal Policy Reforms etc, Changes in the structure and formation of army etc

-Mughal Invasions
-Effects on Society
- Effects on Social Fabric
- Effects on Administration

In conclusion: Islam as a religion in the region (introduced through these invasions) and which is a lasting effect several other points.

This is all that I can recall at the moment. I hope it was of some consequence
Did you pass written portion?