Thread: End of History
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post

For having a long drive fun, one needs to have a car & for buying a car, one needs to earn better. Here competition starts.

I'm assuming a competition-less society in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIL KHESHGI View Post
Competition is an inherent feature of human nature which is very much clear from the history of mankind. The competitive nature of mankind has been depicted by Plato, Hobbes, Machiavelli et al. Even what the Prophet of Islam taught was all about to suppress this competitiveness among muslims while competing with the other adversarial forces. I mean, nature itself teach competitiveness. In pre-historic age, human beings were even more competitive than they're today. They killed each others for the sake of food, property and ego and that's the reason that the phrase "Old Adam" came into being to depict the cruel nature of human beings. Human beings possess a great deal of bestiality but they do it in somewhat a civilised way, the reason why they don't stop one another from appearing in a competitive exam is one example of it. Even their civility comes because they can't afford to be subjected to the law of the land. I mean, their civility comes from the fear of punishment. In terms of 124 prophets, even today, you can't alter what is written in Quran which goes against your argument of the goodness of human beings. If we would have been good by nature, there would have been no need of following 1400 years old text. The people of the USA consider themselves as the most civilised people but when it comes to their interests, they don't spare a single opportunity of killing and maiming their fellow beings. Is this the human nature which is loaded with kindness, cooperation and goodness??
I think you're assuming too much of the bestial nature of human beings. People don't commit crimes just because they fear law and sanction. They don't do it because they find it disgusting and not right, that is where training comes. Training that comes from socialization and that is what a society does. That was my point about making a society that trains its members not to be competitive but co-operative.
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) taught to suppress the competitiveness among the Muslims, what if everyone of us becomes a Muslim, there wouldn't be a need for competition then?
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)

Last edited by Amna; Monday, March 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM.