View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 27, 2014

Colossal is on a distinguished road
Default Reading NewsPaper and Improving English

Reading Newspaper and Improving English

Hello Friends

Reading Newspaper is very healthy practice for Improving your English.So what I did today morning. I bookmarked

Local NewsPaper
Dawn News
Tribune
DailyTimes
The News

International Newspaper
Washington Post
CNN
BBC

So what to do Now, Every Morning when you wake up open Local Newspaper websites pick Top 3 Local stories and 1 International.
And for International Websites pick 3 International issues and 1 story related to pakistan.
If you have interest in other categories like Business, Sports, Social or something else you can also read those.
But After Picking 3 Local Top stories Read that news in all 4 websites One by One. After reading each story in all papers sit back and relax yourself and Brainstorm that what you read after that write it down on your journal could be of 200-250 words.
Every day you will write 1000 words on different topics (4 topics, 3 local news and 1 International issue)

While reading what to focus?
1) Difficult words purchase a small diary(ies) write word on one side and its meaning on the other side of the page, you have to pick atleast 10 words per day which you dont know.
For Finding meanings you can use Oxford Dictionary

2) While reading news try to focus on writing style how they are connecting sentences and the way of writing.

3) And News itself also.

Now you have to pick any Paragraph from any newspaper and make its precis 1/3 and have to give suitable title. Make practice of this also.

How this will Benefit me?
You have to practice this for 2-3 months each day (Donot miss any day). You have to give only 3 hours to not a single minute beyond this.

1) This will help you improving your Enlish Writing Skills.
2) You will be practicing of writing Short Essays
3) You will increase you vocabulary.
4) You are preparing Current Affairs Paper in this way.
5) You will be practicing Precis paper.
6) And many hidden benefits.

Hope you people will maintain this practice for 2-3 months meanwhile i will give 50 Essay topics so we will also compile Essays on that topics.

If you have any question feel free to ask.

Thanks Regards
abdulsalam88 (Monday, June 09, 2014), ahmedsarah (Thursday, February 27, 2014), amna rafiq (Friday, February 28, 2014), Asif Khan Bangash (Wednesday, March 05, 2014), bintykhan (Saturday, April 05, 2014), Blue22 (Monday, March 03, 2014), bluntman (Thursday, February 27, 2014), decentguy (Friday, February 28, 2014), FrostFlame (Thursday, February 27, 2014), LightWave (Friday, February 28, 2014), Maidah shaikh (Saturday, March 15, 2014), RHSherazi (Thursday, February 27, 2014), Sarazaf (Saturday, May 31, 2014), zara sha (Thursday, February 27, 2014)