View Single Post
Old Saturday, March 01, 2014

Iyya Raja is on a distinguished road

Before giving any verdict about my experience, papers and ideal methodology let me admit I was the one who was not sure of taking this attempt in the morning when I was heeding towards my exam center and even while taking the first essay paper I was sure of not taking other papers so whatever I will say is just a layman approach and not an approach of someone who is a serious CSS aspirant with months of hard work behind!

firstly, control your nerves.
secondly, choose the questions you have a command over, like if you are going towards a question that asks for your opinion, analysis be pretty much sure you have dozens of points to strengthen your claim if not, go towards the question that asks for a answer you have been memorizing for long ( though the papers in 2014 most of them asking for your opinion , had questions that only asked for writing what you have crammed just you wil have to mold the answer but few were too analytical asking for pronged approach)
Thirdly, keep a check on time. Attempt those answers first that will take less time and none of your answer (at least first three answers should not take more than 35 minutes)
Then, dun start writing the answer, plan your answer. There is sufficient time available for attempting paper. So, plan your answer, plan headings and write your answer in a go. It should not look like that disjointed sentences have been jolted down.

In short, how you control your nerves will decide how you are going to perform. If you have a feeling you don't now the answer to the questions at least give them a try and give your best.

About Methodology, I will love to admit, CSS is no exception to the luck and smart game we have been going through since the day we started taking board exams. So, start with the clarity in your mind that you can never attain the perfect with your preparation and even you cann't attain something without preparation.
For preparation, dun resort to past papers ( in terms of questions that have been repeated), never ask people for notes and don't try to go for selective studies.
Prepare the part thoroughly before going towards the next part! your command on a part can secure you a complete question in the paper. Then, refrain from just cramming and reproducing what is in the text. Try to get hold of opinions and debatable points in the text and read something about them ( with papers having a different trend cramming and concepts cann't secure you marks, your ability to present argument will secure you marks)
The Following User Says Thank You to Iyya Raja For This Useful Post:
Ranjha M S (Saturday, March 01, 2014)